Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 03:49 PM

Re: What was your most scary films?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Poor Mags x
There - there
Thanks Patsy!

I think even Jem would quiver in his chair if he watched that film

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Some scenes in the Devils were a bit gruesome-torture is and that is why we must fight against it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Wait Until Dark, where Audrey Hepburn played a blind woman and was being terrorised by an intruder.

The bit where he suddenly leapt out at her had everyone screaming in the cinema!

Resident Evil is another shocker.

And the Final Destination films.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 06:55 PM

The only horror film that scared me, and I've seen thousands, was the Exorcist, anything to do with possession of the mind by pure evil is terrifying because it has happened to many people over the centuries, and nobody is safe from it.
There have been many attempts to imitate the Exorcist but nothing could come near it and never will in my book, truly the best horror film ever made. There have been some great ones over the years but never scary enough to frighten me or stick in my mind afterwards.
Oh Mags, I saw The beast with five Fingers from my cot, didn't even drop me dummy watching it.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 07:00 PM

I don't really get scared at films, but for fun, tension and sheer adrenaline I loved Aliens 1 and 2. Nothing else since has been all that memorable. One example would be The Woman In Black (the one starring Daniel Radcliffe). Press reviews and a couple of friends had me looking forward to it but I found to be very run of the mill and predictable.

Certain genres of scary film I never bother watching now because they're all just clones, such as the endless supply of "five friends go to stay in a cabin in the woods..." movies. I won't watch gore-flicks that feature people being hurt or maimed though. I find those distasteful rather than scary.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The only horror film that scared me, and I've seen thousands, was the Exorcist, anything to do with possession of the mind by pure evil is terrifying because it has happened to many people over the centuries, and nobody is safe from it.
There have been many attempts to imitate the Exorcist but nothing could come near it and never will in my book, truly the best horror film ever made. There have been some great ones over the years but never scary enough to frighten me or stick in my mind afterwards.
Oh Mags, I saw The beast with five Fingers from my cot, didn't even drop me dummy watching it.
Jem, I think I would have swallowed the dummy!

The part that always sticks in my mind is when the hand crept its way down the staircase, scuttled across the floor up onto the piano keys and began playing..... spooky!! At the time, I really believed that could happen!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I don't really get scared at films, but for fun, tension and sheer adrenaline I loved Aliens 1 and 2. Nothing else since has been all that memorable. One example would be The Woman In Black (the one starring Daniel Radcliffe). Press reviews and a couple of friends had me looking forward to it but I found to be very run of the mill and predictable.

Certain genres of scary film I never bother watching now because they're all just clones, such as the endless supply of "five friends go to stay in a cabin in the woods..." movies. I won't watch gore-flicks that feature people being hurt or maimed though. I find those distasteful rather than scary.
Unfortunately many of the new ones are just too distasteful and vulgar for my liking Tachyon, I usually give them a miss after a few minutes watching.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 08:05 PM

What was his name, who used to always play Dracula years ago? I can see him face but can't remember his name. AAh, just a mo, I've got it - Christopher Lee. He used to scare me years ago.
The other one is the same as others have said - The Exorcist, horrible, scary film.

I don't watch scary films nowadays.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 08:09 PM

Ah, of course, I remember the hand.

Oh, does anyone remember another horror of many years ago, in which people were attacked by invisible things which later manifested themselves as a skull and spine?

ETA.

S'okay, found it. Fiend without a face.

Just read a full description of it and it's how I remember it.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 10:01 PM

I've let all the horror pass me by as I get scared a bit too easily and lie in my bed imagining terrible murderous supernatural things coming to get me in the dark.
I even find Dr Who a bit scary. I went to see the film Alien, must have been in the late 70's or thereabouts. It was when a great slimy beast of an alien burst out of Sigourney Weaver's belly, that was it, no horror films for me.

Wasn't there one called Nightmare On Elm Street, Freddie Kruger, know the name but didn't watch it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top