Join for free
Page 238 of 1010 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

On the corned beef hash front my version is slightly different again, requires crushed (not mashed) rather than carefully diced,pre-boiled (or jacket)spuds, chopped onions and tin corned beef - diced, fry onions and potatoes in little oil until onions softened and potatoes are browned and crispy, then add the corned beef and mix well so that the beef starts to break down. Serve with lashings of brown sauce.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 06:54 PM

Tonight we are having a simple chinese style curry (using pkt mix) with lots of big prawns and plain boiled rice. Simple but delish.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 01:14 PM

Tonight we are having Chicken Kiev and Vegs.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:05 PM

today I went to Senior Citizens Christmas Party (otherwise called Pensioners Chrimbo Do) Menu was Tomato soup, turkey, stuffing, sprouts, carrots, peas and roast potatoes, Christmas Pudding and Brandy sauce with coffee/tea and mince pies to follow. There was lager white wine orange juice or water available all during the meal. Raffle with free tickets, bingo free again and everyone got a box of chocs on the way home. All paid for by and served by the pupils. We had an absolutely great afternoon. Thank you to the girls of Flixton Sport Academy.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 11:59 PM

We had Venison Steaks for tea tonight. Had creamed Potatoes, Broccoli, Grilled tomatoes & a mushroom sauce over the steak. Very nice it was too
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There is an alternative method for corned beef hash. Empty tin of corned beef into a shallow oven dish. Rinse thoroughly a tin of red kidney beans, & Cannellini beans. Mix together with corned beef. Add Worcester sauce, and chilli powder. Place in a warm (190 oC) oven and heat through. In the meantime peel and chop potatoes and boil them until soft. Mash the potatoes in a basin, and spread over corned beef. Add grated cheese to the potato and place under a grill to melt the cheese and brown the potato.
That sounds good UJ. Ill have to remember to try it
Im going to have to make a note of all these recipes & print them off for when i'm struggling to think of something for tea
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
Thats how I make mine as well Mollie - Might be a northern thing Cant beat it - Rib sticking stuff. I dont have anything pickled with it though - Cant stand vinegar. I usually just have plain cooked beetroot without the vinegar. I might do some tomorrow - its got me fancying
I don't have anything pickled with it either, to be honest, Lynne. It's just that if I cook it for others, I put the pickled stuff as a side dish.

In Wigan we call that lobbies, and I've had a tin of corned beef festering away in my fridge for a week or two, and I have some spuds that need cooking, so mayhap I'll be cooking that tomorrow, then freezing the rest.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There is an alternative method for corned beef hash. Empty tin of corned beef into a shallow oven dish. Rinse thoroughly a tin of red kidney beans, & Cannellini beans. Mix together with corned beef. Add Worcester sauce, and chilli powder. Place in a warm (190 oC) oven and heat through. In the meantime peel and chop potatoes and boil them until soft. Mash the potatoes in a basin, and spread over corned beef. Add grated cheese to the potato and place under a grill to melt the cheese and brown the potato.
That sounds lovely, but it isn't corned beef hash. That's a different recipe altogether. Might try that, minus the beans though.

Really, we should put our recipes in the Recipe Section so they don't get lost. What are we like at all!
Lynne55
Lancs.

13-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I don't have anything pickled with it either, to be honest, Lynne. It's just that if I cook it for others, I put the pickled stuff as a side dish.

In Wigan we call that lobbies, and I've had a tin of corned beef festering away in my fridge for a week or two, and I have some spuds that need cooking, so mayhap I'll be cooking that tomorrow, then freezing the rest.
We call it Lobbies as well but usually Lobbies is made with proper meat not corned beef. I usually do it with leftover meat if we have had a joint ( not very often these days)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

13-12-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
We call it Lobbies as well but usually Lobbies is made with proper meat not corned beef. I usually do it with leftover meat if we have had a joint ( not very often these days)
You're right Lynne. Lobbies is a shortened form of Lob Scouse which is made from "proper" meat, be it beef, lamb or whatever, but to me that then becomes a stew.

I luvs a gradely pon o' lobbies, I do!

Page 238 of 1010 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top