Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 09:26 PM

Re: Savings Interest Rates

I think Honey makes a good point. Is a transfer from an existing Nationwide ISA considered a transfer in? Have you confirmed this with Nationwide?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 10:04 PM

Interest rates are carp and screw most folks. You have to have quite a load of money to invest for at least 3,better 5 years to have a chance of a decent return.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 11:44 PM

Anyone know much about the new Pensioners Bonds which started today?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 11:52 PM

info here Mups
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think Honey makes a good point. Is a transfer from an existing Nationwide ISA considered a transfer in? Have you confirmed this with Nationwide?
Yes but I'm beginning to think I may have been misinformed so I'll ask at the branch tomorrow.

I've been given the wrong information before online - I use the internet banking with Secure Messaging - but when I double-checked at the branch the info I'd been given was wrong.

On that occasion I was given the wrong interest rate and it was all in connection with the Flexclusive ISA I want to start.

I'll let you know what the branch tells me!

This highlights one of the major problems deaf people have though - I have to use Banks where I can go into a branch because I can't use the 'phone.

It's all very well having telephone banking and advisers to 'phone but I can't do that and my wife just gets confused because she's not good on finance matters so I do all of ours.

I don't understand why banks & business do not try to improve email responses or, in many cases, actually answer emails as there are thousands of people like me and thousands more who would probably find emails a lot easier.

The Nationwide tends to be a bit slow in responding to Secure Messages but if I have any problem with my other bank I'm stuck because the nearest branch is Northampton or Aylesbury now.

After the performances of all the major High Street banks in recent years I do not trust any of them now and I've experienced RBS, Lloyds /TSB & NatWest in the past - Lloyds used to be fantastic and so was the old TSB!

That's why I'm with the Nationwide now. stevmk2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 01:59 PM

I've been with them for many years and like the way they do business, they've always been very helpful, I do most of my banking online and have different accounts with them, one being the Flexclusive saver which gives a higher interest rate than others as its' tiered so because I've been a member for more that 15 years I get the best rate in town
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I've been with them for many years and like the way they do business, they've always been very helpful, I do most of my banking online and have different accounts with them, one being the Flexclusive saver which gives a higher interest rate than others as its' tiered so because I've been a member for more that 15 years I get the best rate in town
I've also been with them for many years, but alas now that I no longer live in the UK they won't let me have these deals.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Interest rates are carp and screw most folks. You have to have quite a load of money to invest for at least 3,better 5 years to have a chance of a decent return.
Any ideas in where, if you do have a decent amount of money to invest? I wouldn't pay for a so called IFA, as from experience I don't believe they are independent in the end. Interest rates on anything 'safe' seem to be 4% tops as in the new Pensioner Bonds, which from a quick look, you can only invest 10k per person.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 05:29 PM

Perhaps it's simply the time to stop thinking about saving, and start spending.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Perhaps it's simply the time to stop thinking about saving, and start spending.
I can't spend it, it has to supplement a State Pension, unfortunately no private pension.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top