Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Franchise - fancy it?

There are various ways of getting back in to full time employment - or part time come to that. Why not consider a franchise? I looked at many before embarking on my shopping site and some looked very feasible, such as cleaning ovens and the like. Some though are just rubbish and are being offered by people out to exploit you so be careful. I have just received another one regarding being a pet food supplier. Apparently it works, though please don't take my word for it but look for testimonials et. Anyways here are the details of this particular offer.

Husse UK Franchise Opportunity

Here is a reputable franchise directory homepage

The UK Franchise Directory

****Make sure you scour the internet for testimonials and reviews before parting with any money, and make absolutely sure you really want/can do the work on offer*****
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:51 AM

Re: Franchise - fancy it?

I've often wondered about online work as I could work from home but I've always been worried about the scams. As you say, you'd need to really be sure (and how do you know if the testimonials are authentic?).
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I've often wondered about online work as I could work from home but I've always been worried about the scams. As you say, you'd need to really be sure (and how do you know if the testimonials are authentic?).
There are other ways to make money online such as writing articles for websites. With Google requiring 'original' content now more than ever articles are in constant demand. You won't earn a fortune but there is money to be made doing it. I will make another post shortly about it and will supply website contacts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Friend of ours does a dog food franchise, he warns against franchises unless you have really investigated your area and canvassed to see how many want the service. Also check the company is not going to sell to someone close to you after you are established.

I know he does fairly well now financially but he works many more hours than he wants and is constantly worrying if someone stops buying from him. Never takes a holiday and has had to fight off competition from someone else who set up less than 10 miles away.

Cost a lot to set up too, think he had to sink nearly £12,000 into the business to get going as he needed a van as well as stock etc.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Friend of ours does a dog food franchise, he warns against franchises unless you have really investigated your area and canvassed to see how many want the service. Also check the company is not going to sell to someone close to you after you are established.

I know he does fairly well now financially but he works many more hours than he wants and is constantly worrying if someone stops buying from him. Never takes a holiday and has had to fight off competition from someone else who set up less than 10 miles away.

Cost a lot to set up too, think he had to sink nearly £12,000 into the business to get going as he needed a van as well as stock etc.
Well thanks for that. Such first hand experience is invaluable and brings to light unforseen problems.

Makes me think running such a franchise would open up tons of online opportunities though, unless the franchisor doesn't allow it, but having access to all that produce would enable a person to create an awesome pet shop site.

I have a very nice pet shop website oh hold at the moment .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 02:51 PM

I could sell my art on deviantart but, it doesn't tell you how you get paid and it's all in dollars. I don't think I'd trust anything on line.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Twiz have you tried etsy or folksy, I have sold a couple of quilts on folksy and a jumper on etsy both were fairly easy to use.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 03:19 PM

I looked at etsy but people on there seem to be much better at things than me so it put me off. I have a lady selling my Steampunk boxes in her shop but she adds 100% on which means I hardly get anything.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Ebay was where I started but fees have gone up so much I hardly use them any more, what about gumtree ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
There are other ways to make money online such as writing articles for websites. With Google requiring 'original' content now more than ever articles are in constant demand. You won't earn a fortune but there is money to be made doing it. I will make another post shortly about it and will supply website contacts.
Sounds like my kinda thang!!

I looked into Pet Pals a few years ago but decided against it. Clinging on to my savings for dear life now.

Still waiting for work from the NHS but in the meantime I trawl the Internet looking for work from home, which would suit me down to the ground. I don't want to spend money retraining, or on extra equipment.

Trained as a secretary in 1971 and can still do shorthand a bit, and also thought about being a virtual assistant. I even have a website (switched to idle), but being the lazy cow I am didn't promote myself. I soooooo want an easy life.

Look forward to seeing that in the future, Mark.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top