Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Re: Water Bills

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
If it ever stops raining here that's the plan myrtle! stevmk2
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 08:03 PM

I had a reply from Anglian Water - if you could call it that.

All they've told me is that if there's a leak it's down to me to get it investigated and repaired and that's not just internal leaks, (we haven't got any!), but also any leaks between our inlet back to their meter.

My suggestion that they recheck the meter reading was ignored.

I simply can't afford to get someone in to dig up almost my entire front garden to inspect and investigate a stevmk2
as some one has already posted make sure no water is being used and check if the meter is turning if it is you have a leak.

Also check the meter reading on your meter and compare it with the water bill.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2014, 03:06 AM

If it ever stops raining here that's the plan myrtle! stevmk2
If you had tried it when it was first suggested a few dozen messages ago you would have had the answer by now.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2014, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If you had tried it when it was first suggested a few dozen messages ago you would have had the answer by now.
Sorry but I'm still working Monday to Thursday Bruce and it's been hammering down here for days on end too so I've not got around to it yet!

We've had other things we had to do too but I will be checking it as soon as I can.
I do appreciate the advice so are you happy now? stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2014, 06:09 PM

We've had other things we had to do too but I will be checking it as soon as I can.
I do appreciate the advice so are you happy now? stevmk2
I've done it last week and still don't understand the near-20 cubic metre difference on last year's bill compared to previous bills but, as I said, my check just confirms what I thought regarding leaks on my property - I don't have a leak.

To get Anglian Water involved I have to prove beyond any shadow of doubt that any leak is NOT on my property and that means up to their meter so it means excavation & investigation which I simply cannot afford.

As for verifying the meter reading, the bill does not give me a reading for the 14th of January - when they say they did it!
I've asked them for that but they've not replied. stevmk2

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top