Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: Open Banking - Who Needs It

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Surely the fact that we do direct debits to pay utility bills for example means we are sharing our details with a third party, or have I got this wrong?
You are not sharing your "details" but just permitting very limited access to you bank account for the purpose of a specified transaction.

Open Banking will permit TPPs full access to your bank account(s) to monitor your income and expenditure for the purpose of offering advice and services based on the information they obtain about you, your lifestyle, your commitments, your past and your future .....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:22 PM

Ahh, I see, thanks, will this be automatic or will the TTP have to ask my permission first?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Ahh, I see, thanks, will this be automatic or will the TTP have to ask my permission first?
This article gives a clearer explanation than I can.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...n-Banking.html
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Over time we will be able to open one app on our phone and see every financial account we have in one place
I have several dozen accounts with various institutions - I can manage them very easily using MS Money on my PC with a large screen - I cannot imagine trying to view the same displays (let alone simultaneous multiple inputs from TPPs) on a mobile phone .....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
This article gives a clearer explanation than I can.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...n-Banking.html
Many thanks Boot, I shan’t be opting in.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the information Boot, but like Rehab, absolutely not, and if this carries on I shall withdraw all my money and keep it under the floorboards and stick two fingers up to the lot of them.....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

23-10-2017, 09:23 PM

I am just wondering how it’s going to work, for example and please correct me if I am wrong, I decide to buy home insurance from a company and authorise them to deduct x amount from my bank on line, will there then be a pop up asking me if they can access my account and reguest my password for the account? Is that right?
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 03:53 PM

Hi, A couple of days ago I received an email which informed me of changes to the banking system commencing in January 2018 and how it will affect our accounts. A section of the email is as follows....

Changes to Payment Regulations
"New regulations will come into effect on 13 January 2018 – making sure all European banks process payments in the same way, in an increasingly digital world.
Here are the main changes:
1. With your permission, third party providers (TPPs) can access your information to provide their services
• New digital banking services are entering the market offered by us and TPPs. These will include new ways to pay for things online and tools that help you to view all your accounts with different financial providers in one place. Before giving a TPP permission to access your account information you may wish to check that they're authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to provide their service.
• Some TPPs might ask you for your online banking log in details and password to provide their service to you. If you decide to give them this information, this means that they'll be able to see and do anything you can do on your accounts.
• If you give TPPs permission to access your accounts and account information, we're not responsible for what they may do.
How we respond to payment related complaints
We'll now aim to respond in writing within 15 working days.
3. International payment fees
If you make payments to an account outside the UK, you might see some changes to the way fees are paid. In some cases, you won't be able to pass your fees on to the person you're paying or pay their fees if that's what you did before. But don't worry, we'll always tell you what fees apply and what your options are before you make any payment.
4. Money paid in error
From 13 January all banks will start to share personal information to help a payer, who has paid money in error, to trace that money and claim it back.

If we think money has been paid into your account in error, we might hold onto it until we check it with you. If you agree it's been an error, we'll return it. If you were expecting the money, we'll return it to your account but we may need to share your contact details with the other party."

I wondered what opinions other people have on this important matter.

Malc.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 04:00 PM

Ive had one from my Bank this morning too more or less the same .I didnt give it a second thought .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-11-2017, 04:07 PM

It's all to do with Open Banking:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=47455

Open Banking - Who Needs It

There are a couple of useful links to external information within the thread .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top