Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TheShopKeeper
New Member!
Kent
TheShopKeeper is female 

25-02-2011, 12:51 AM

Investors Wanted

Hello to you all. I've just turned 50 and glad to say that I now qualify to join your great website.

I'm not actually a shop keeper as my title states. I am actually unemployed and have been so for the past year. Didn't think it would happen to me but it seems that I may be on the scrap heap. I've applied for endless jobs and been for endless interviews but never been the choosen one. Bit like always the bridesmaid.

I am convinced that it is my age that is putting employers off. It is so frustrating as I've got so much to offer. I've now got to the point of giving up trying and have decided the only way forward is to start my own business. My money is earning a pitance in the bank and I know for sure that I have the experience to run a sucessful business.

I have seen a shop in Sutton-at-Hone which would be very suitable. I am now looking for a business investor/partner. Someone who is willing to invest upto £1000. A legal contract would be drawn up by an independant solictor to clarify the agreement. I will run the business whilst you count the money we make.

If you are interested in joining me on this adventure and want to know the full details please do contact me. Please only contact me if you are a truly honest and trustworthy person as I have been through enough with doggy people.

In the meantime, if anyone just wants a chat I will be happy to hear from you.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Re: Investors Wanted

Go on... you`re really a tribal chieftain from Nigeria with a huge legacy waiting to be confirmed aren`t you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Shouldn't we get introduced before we talk about getting married?
TheShopKeeper
New Member!
Kent
TheShopKeeper is female 

25-02-2011, 04:55 PM

Hi ClaireandDaisy

"a tribal chieftain from Nigeria" No, unfortunately that would take a bit more intelligence than I could ever have.

Talking of those kind of scams, my partner's father was silly enough to give his bank details to one of those. A bloke from Nigeria wrote to him with a sob story that his money was being drained from his account by the his Government. (We all know how that feels, don't we.) He claimed that he needed somewhere safe to store his hard earned cash. Jim feel for it hook, line and sinker. Lucky enough he contacted the bank in time so no harm done.

Look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 06:13 PM

The Shopkeeper - Hi, first I wish you well in your endevour to get back into work through your own business, it can be very satisfying but don't expect to make millions (Well not in the first year anyway )

On the surface your OP looks very dodgy, if after 50+ years on this planet you can't raise an extra £1000 then there's something wrong, and even if you can't I would have thought there's plenty of Bank Small Business Advisors who'll help you out. If it's a viable business you could even do it on your credit card.
TheShopKeeper
New Member!
Kent
TheShopKeeper is female 

25-02-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The Shopkeeper - Hi, first I wish you well in your endevour to get back into work through your own business, it can be very satisfying but don't expect to make millions (Well not in the first year anyway )

On the surface your OP looks very dodgy, if after 50+ years on this planet you can't raise an extra £1000 then there's something wrong, and even if you can't I would have thought there's plenty of Bank Small Business Advisors who'll help you out. If it's a viable business you could even do it on your credit card.
Losos your reply is somewhat insulting to say the least. I will be the first to admit that I am not in the best place at the moment. This is mainly due to losing my job on the same day the purchase of my house completed. Possibly the bank will lend me the capital but if the shop is slow taking off then I will not be able to my mortgage and bills - then may find myself homeless. I am certainly not out to hoodwink anyone. That is the reason I would insist that any investors would insured by a contract. I was really hoping to someone with the same ambitions, possibly out of work like me, or someone who may be able to give me advise from their own experiences. It is a case that I've been out of work for so long now that I need to move on.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheShopKeeper ->
Please only contact me if you are a truly honest and trustworthy person as I have been through enough with doggy people.

I know what you mean.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 08:48 PM

We tend to get quite a few more 'dodgy'-sounding posts from newcomers on this site compared to the other sites I admin - but the funny thing is our members here clock these so fast that it's almost funny to watch. Not saying you are 'dodgy' mind you - but you must admit it does sound a bit odd?

Just out of interest, what made you think people on this forum would be willing to 'help'? Wouldn't you be better off seeking investment from investors on a proper investor site? Here's one of them: http://www.kickstarter.com
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Shopkeeper, you send me £1000 pounds and I will send you in return a sytem for betting on the horses that is foolproof.

You can then use the system to raise your investment money for yourself and you wont have to pay some of the profits form your shop to anyone, they will be all yours to keep and reinvest.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheShopKeeper ->
Losos your reply is somewhat insulting to say the least.
I am not worried that you read it that way, I did say 'On the surface' and that means that just going by the words you have written it looks 'odd'

For example, anyone looking for a business partner will normally go to the type of site Azz has mentioned and there are others.

Every business proposition I've ever read has given a breakdown of the income and expenditure and the expected breakeven time scale at the very least and usually a lot more

The amount you are asking for looks so small in relation to normal 'start up' costs that I can't imagine what the shop will sell or offer to the customers.

You don't mention how much you are putting into the venture which is one of the most important facts.

So let's start again, tell us:-
a) What type of shop are you talking about ?
b) What products / services will you be selling ?
c) What your income / expenses will be in the first year ?
d) What your 'target' market is ?
e) Estimated gross and net profit per quarter / per year ?

People are rightly skeptical of 'out of the blue' offers, only this morning the BBC 24 hour news service were interviewing a woman whose mother had got caught up in a mail order scam, she and the other familly members tried to warn her but she wouldn't listen, lost a lot of money

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top