Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Re: Fake pound coins

thanks you will be watching for them when were over soonn
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sometime I find car parking machines will not accept a £1 coin that I put in........ I wonder if someone has given me a dud in change!
The article mentions "A simple test at any automated vending machine can also identify a suspect coin. A lot of counterfeit coins are rejected."

I wonder if the fakes are being produced in China? Seems a lot of trouble to make counterfeit coins. Our Canadian paper currency is changing to plastic:

"The new notes, to be printed on polymer produced in Australia, were created in part to battle bogus bill production -- although that practice has been declining in Canada since 2004.

RCMP Commissioner William J.S. Elliott heralded the new bill as being an effective security measure against counterfeiters.

"These new and technically innovative notes will go a long way to deter the threat of counterfeiting in coming years," he told reporters at the news conference.

New holographic security areas will be printed on the bills, including one in the shape of a maple leaf. They will also feature raised ink, hidden numbers and metallic images printed on a transparent window.

The bills will be printed on a smooth film developed specifically for bank notes and used in about 30 countries around the world, including New Zealand, Hong Kong and Mexico.

The plastic bills are also said to be recyclable, giving them a smaller environmental footprint than is the case with the current bills, according to the Bank of Canada."

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...#ixzz1u7Tbr5IT
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Plastic notes are a good idea, Sue ...... paper notes can get so dirty and creased. Would they be very bulky in your purse?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Actually no, it's a very thin polymer so they're not any bulkier than the cotton paper ones.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:41 AM

I will help you all !

poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I remember they said if you receive one you're not supposed to use it.
They can nickers...I will spend every one I get.

Who are the losers?...the treasury?...well they've been thieving from me over 50 years with their exorbitant taxes.

Or the banks?...well if anybody deserves to be cheated it's that lot.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top