Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:33 PM

Charlie aged 23 returns to former home

Having just read Eliza's post about Tessa I thought about this item I saw in the local paper Some stories do have a happy ending ...
A 23-YEAR-OLD dog returned to his former home as a trip down memory lane.

Old age pooch Charlie, a Jack Russell, was adopted by Stuart and Kim Smith in Malvern from Evesham Dogs Trust in 2010.

While he is famous in the local area for his longevity, things could have turned out very differently for Charlie, who found himself homeless at the age of 16 when his previous owner no longer wanted him.

Mr Smith said: “When we saw him we knew instantly he was the one for us.

"We were looking for another dog to add to our family and when we walked past his kennel he just had that look in his eye, we knew he was special.

"One of the staff members told us how old he was and we couldn’t believe it. We just wanted to give him a home for the time he had left, and here we are seven years on.

"He is definitely a spoilt lad and that’s probably why he’s managed to live so long.

"He loves his home comforts, snoozing in his bed, and of course tasty treats. He has even been on holiday with us to Devon and Cornwall.”
http://www.malverngazette.co.uk/news..._memory_lane/#

Charlie

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	imgID107663600.jpg.gallery.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2905  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Re: Charlie aged 23 returns to former home

How nice to read a happy ending for a change
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:40 PM

I didnt know Dogs could live to that age ,my own lived to 15 and i thought that was very old .
lovely story Meg
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I didnt know Dogs could live to that age ,my own lived to 15 and i thought that was very old .
lovely story Meg

Well bless his old heart Meg. What a marvellous old pooch. Incredible.

I got my old lurcher, who I lost January 2016, from Evesham Lurcher Rescue when she was around 4-5 months old.
She was 17 & half when she died.
But 23. . . gosh, that is the oldest one I've ever heard of.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 11:36 AM

Good old Charlie. Lovely story and may he continue to enjoy happy days but such an amazing age. He looks really cute too.

A friend of mine last week took a dog from the local council kennels. She had been there since February, and it was the second time she had been there.
What a gorgeous dog she is. She has fallen lucky with her new owners and she even has a Facebook page now. The Adventures of Beauty
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 12:44 PM

Amazing age for a dog, fantastic ending to the story. Thank you for posting it we don't see enough happy endings IMO
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 01:10 PM

A lovely story.

http://doggiescare.com/old-dog-lived...cret-spoiling/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 02:22 PM

What a great story.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top