Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Anyone Got A Nice Recipe For Loin Chops Please?

Okay, so on a whim one day, I ordered a bag of Pork Loin Chops. Don't ask me why because in all of my years of marriage when a Roast dinner or even our evening dinner, there would be ample Chicken, Beef, Lamb dishes, but never Pork. It was just not appealing, although I still love Bacon and Gammon, but Pork was always - well - boring, even to eat.

When I did on the very odd occasion cook Pork, it was usually Pork Steaks, lightly browned and then plonked in a casserole dish with onions and gravy, but still never took to it.

Now I need to use this bag of loin chops from the freezer before they go out of date, and I was hoping that some clever cook on here would have a really nice recipe where the chops would end up on the plate with a lovely flavour and texture.

Any help please?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Re: Anyone Got A Nice Recipe For Loin Chops Please?

I have never been taught to cook therefore often need recipes. The BBC Food website has always given me some very good ideas and is one I always use. Well worth giving it try I reckon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/pork_chop

There are also many recipes for other dishes on there to choose from:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Thanks Baz. I will look those up. Whenever I look for a recipe it is usually cream of mushroom or chicken soup sauce. I tried that one and wasn't very impressed, so will look your recipe up. xx
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:31 PM

You could go oriental.

Get rid of any skin & bone, finely dice up pork, sprinkle with cornflour, chuck in a hot oiled wok, toss for 5 mins, add a splash of water, soya sauce ....

Whatever you've got ...

... rice wine, brown sugar, black bean sauce, sesame seed oil etc.

serve with rice.

More a cooking technique than a recipe. The cornflour soaks up any water and prevents the pork from stewing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 10:04 PM

I often cook them in the oven - in Cider - with shallots or onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 12:46 PM

I do them similar to Silver Tabby, but instead of Cider, I use Ginger Beer, with carrots, Celery, onions, toms and a splash of Lea and Perrins. First like the others have said coat in Cornflower.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You could go oriental.

Get rid of any skin & bone, finely dice up pork, sprinkle with cornflour, chuck in a hot oiled wok, toss for 5 mins, add a splash of water, soya sauce ....

Whatever you've got ...

... rice wine, brown sugar, black bean sauce, sesame seed oil etc.

serve with rice.

More a cooking technique than a recipe. The cornflour soaks up any water and prevents the pork from stewing.
Oohh, that sounds lovely d00d, Unfortunately, due to respiratory problems, I can't "wok" things anymore, I can manage steaks on a griddle but even then I have to leave the kitchen with the cooking timer in my hand and return when they need to be turned.. Damned nuisance as I loved my Wok. Sigh. Most of my cooking is now done in either my steamer, slow cooker, fan oven, or microwave.

Oh well, I might look for a similar-sounding dish for my next chinese takeaway as it does sound nice, thank you.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I often cook them in the oven - in Cider - with shallots or onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
I think I might try that one ST. Thank you xx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ragdoll ->
I do them similar to Silver Tabby, but instead of Cider, I use Ginger Beer, with carrots, Celery, onions, toms and a splash of Lea and Perrins. First like the others have said coat in Cornflower.
Ginger Beer? that's a new one RD! I've used Coca Cola with my Gammon before but never Ginger Beer with Pork. I have enough Loin Chops for two meals so will look up a recipe for this one too. Thanks very much.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top