Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:44 PM

Re: Tony Martin - murderer.

I think it is illegal to put such a notice on your door and you would be having the old bill around toute suite .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I don't think it's ever right to shoot anyone but yes if you are forewarned then you cannot complain.
I dislike any form of weapon, but in today's sad world we see more and more lives lost through the use of them.

I don't know exactly what happened at Mr Martin's home, so I have no idea if he intended to kill the boy or if he was just firing a warning shot in the dark, because he was upset & frightened and the boy was in the wrong place.
I suppose that nobody will ever know for sure, but one thing is certain...... the boy wouldn't have been there if the older man hadn't taken him to commit the burglary. Let's hope people who break into houses learned from this......but I doubt they did!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think it is illegal to put such a notice on your door and you would be having the old bill around toute suite .

I shouldn't be at all surprised, Muddy, if even putting a ' Beware of the Dog' sign up is seen to be admitting liability of having a dangerous dog!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
he got rid of a scumbag from a scummy family. He'd probably have gone on to having scummy kids. Martin did us all a favour.

Nothing more we can say eh?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I shouldn't be at all surprised, Muddy, if even putting a ' Beware of the Dog' sign up is seen to be admitting liability of having a dangerous dog!
Isn't that the problem with the law though? They would rather prevent people putting up warning notices than letting them know there is a possible danger in what they are doing!

We are expected to put up burglar alarms ( at our own expense) to stop criminals getting into our houses, yet us doesn't matter that they wake babies & people who are ill . We are expected to pay contents insurance in the hope that it will cover the cost of things that are stolen..... yet we are not allowed to warn people that they may be hurt if they break into our houses.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:59 PM

No point in hankering after the past. It's gone and won't be coming back..

So there's nothing that we can do other than face today's reality and adapt our lives to fit.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No point in hankering after the past. It's gone and won't be coming back..

So there's nothing that we can do other than face today's reality and adapt our lives to fit.
Yes but should not be called by defending him self a coward.

He should not have been convicted let alone charged over the death of this scumbag
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Everyone has a choice. We can commit a crime or not commit a crime. If we choose to commit a crime then we have to accept the consequences whatever they might be. The consequences could have worked out differently, he could have got away with it, he could have got caught and then sent to prison or as in this case, someone reacted resulting in his death.

In hindsight, I'm sure the burglar would rather have not done it but it's too late, what is done is done. He made his choice and it was a choice that didn't work out well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes but should not be called by defending him self a coward.

He should not have been convicted let alone charged over the death of this scumbag
I just can't see that shooting a kid in the back who was in the process of running away is in any way defending oneself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Everyone has a choice. We can commit a crime or not commit a crime. If we choose to commit a crime then we have to accept the consequences whatever they might be. The consequences could have worked out differently, he could have got away with it, he could have got caught and then sent to prison or as in this case, someone reacted resulting in his death.

In hindsight, I'm sure the burglar would rather have not done it but it's too late, what is done is done. He made his choice and it was a choice that didn't work out well.

Yes, I agree.
I think that about sums it up really.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top