Join for free
Page 265 of 370 « First < 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 10:55 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good to see you back in the gym Tachyon, I bet you were finding it frustrating not to be able to exercise for a while...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:09 AM

So what's been happening in Foxy's world I hear you ask.....
Following last Sundays nine and a half miles I seemed to recover well and Tuesday's five miler was about average....

I seemed to have a stiff neck on Wednesday and was wondering what I could have done to strain it. It was only as I woke on Thursday morning with a blocked nose sneezing that I realised that the stiff neck was actually swollen glands.
I went off for my usual five mile run and felt heavy legged and short of energy, I was surprised that I completed the last two miles without having to walk such was the tiredness. Fortunately the time came out reasonable.

Friday was even worse, after the first two miles the feeling of lethargy was almost overpowering, and again, how I managed to struggle round and finish the five mile course without a walk is surprising....I did manage to walk the three miles over the Humber Bridge and visit our favourite cafe' later though, and the Jacket Potato must have done the trick as we just beat the rain back to the car.....

Here's the bridge taken in better weather...

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 12:58 PM

Sorry to hear you've not been too well, Bob. Wet and windy on the bridge at the moment isn't it? You should have called round tho'

Tachyon - well done on that pec dec and your results in general. Some nice progress going on there bud. As with you though, hope that chest complaint clears up soon

Gym for me in a few minutes time. No time limits, not going out today so it should be a decent session
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 06:35 AM

It seems you are bouncing back very well, Tachyon. You must be pleased with the surprise of being able to do more than expected. It doesn't sound like you chickened out to me!

Thanks Floydy, and I wish you an enjoyable time with your sister, and hope that your little guilty pleasure of watching Homeland was worth a day off.

OGF, I am so sorry you've been under the weather and in the weather , but you sound like you are having a time of it. That's a very nice bridge. Other than hills, they make for spectacular and challenging running! Isn't 9.5 the longest run you have done in a long while? You never cease to amaze

I've been going nonstop since I arrived late last night getting things sorted out for my parents, but I did manage to do a round of step. Tomorrow I'll be doing a nice long prairie run if the rain holds off. Right now the winter wheat fields are vast carpets of emerald green. It should make a nice backdrop for a well-needed outing.

Happy Sunday, recovery day, or workout, everyone!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Sorry Floydy but apart from doing the driving and usually selecting the location I have very little input among the other occupants in the motor...
We did have a brill meal at the 'Old Tile Works' [recommended] on the South side of the bridge though, but then got chased back over the bridge by the rain....

It was November 2017 Surfermom, the last time I ran that 9.5 mile course, since then 8 miles is as far as I had been going, and it could be that I wasn't completely over the cold I had a few weeks ago... Running long distances does erode away your ability to fight off infection for a few hours directly after the run, so woe betide the runner who has been carrying an undetected infection around.

So I wasn't expecting anything special this morning as I closed the door behind me and stepped out into the rain. After listening to it roaring on the ground throughout the night [I live in a bungalow and sometimes it sounds fierce!] I decided a road course would be the best choice considering how much standing water there would be. My shortest road route is six miles and I thought it would be ample for this mornings effort....

I was right about the standing water, either long diversions or splash through water up to the knees in places....'Perhaps a little exaggeration!' but it was wet, and still raining, albeit gentle...

I was surprised how good I felt and not a touch of tiredness, so the decision to take the eight mile turn was made without a second thought and I even added some speed work along the busy road bit even though I didn't see a vehicle all morning, car booters and fishermen don't appear to like the rain and dogs don't appear to like the rain either, and my passage of the farm went unnoticed by the bad tempered canine that resides there....

So all in all a very comfortable, if not wet, 8.2 miles added to the journal this morning. Amazingly, my waterproof jacket had done its job well because my tee shirt was bone dry underneath, and bare legs are even more waterproof than the jacket. My shoes didn't fare so well though and are going to need wringing out and drying in time for Tuesdays outing...
Whatever the problem was last week it seems to have cleared itself up...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 03:53 PM

Monday, 11 Mar 19: Upper body: Early Week. 40mins.
(All weights in kgs)
1-Lat p/d, hammer-12X35-10x50
2-DB press, incline bench-17x24’s
3-Bench press, c/g-21x40
4-Seated row-22x47-10x53-8x59
5-Shoulder press-6x60-6x70-6x80-5x90-3x100
6-E-Z curl, standing-15x18-10x28-8x38
7-DB preacher curl, alt.-10x12-6x14
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-03-2019, 05:12 PM

It's dead in here, what's occurring folks?

Thursday 14 Mar 19: Legs: “Paused tension training”. 1 hour.
(All weights in kgs)

Continuing my current inglorious death-by-torture method of acute definition training for the legs, today’s session proved almost too much to bear. Yes, it develops the quads like nothing else (save for squats, which I don’t do anymore) but for this 50-something it’s borderline lunacy. Breathless isn’t the word…I was screaming for mercy!

Incline press:
A: Outer, top & inner knee quads (Feet low on plate/heels close/toes pointing out).
B: Hamstrings, glutes (Feet high/heels & toes centre plate).

A: 20x150-p-15x150-p-10x150
B: 10x200-p-6x200
A: 8x250 DEEP to failure
B: 50x150

Seated ham curl:
Hamstrings, glutes, calves (normal position).
20x45-p-12x45-p-8x45
10x55-p-6x55
7x65 to failure
50x35

Sled press:
A: Outer quads, top quads, hamstrings (Feet low on plate/heels close/toes pointing out).
B: Glutes, hamstrings. (Feet high/heels & toes centre plate).

A: 20x150-p-15x150-p-10x150
B: 15x200-p-10x200
A: 8x200 DEEP to failure
B: 50x120

Sled press: Calves
(Toe push only, bottom of plate).
20x100-p-15x100-p-10x100
15x120-p-10x120
14x140 to failure
25x80

Extensions:
Inner knee quads, top quads, outer quads, hip flexors (normal position).
20x40-p-12x40-p-8x40

Lying ham curl:
Hamstrings, glutes, calves (Prone on bench, curling legs back).
15x25-p-10x25-p-8x25
10x32.5-p-6x32.5
6x40
20x20

Yes, the legs are pumped up like never before and my strength is still in the upper echelons of the scale but the work involved to reach that pinnacle (which I thought was long gone years ago incidentally) is all too much for this particular oldie bodybuilder to be honest. I’ll retain the tension method but next time I do this (and perhaps a similar upper body routine) I’ll be adding more sets instead but with lesser reps and weight. All trial and error in this crazy and maniacal pastime they call exercise!

Thanks for reading.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2019, 08:28 AM

Whilst other regular members of this thread are oddly boycotting this one but are reassurringly posting elsewhere (I was beginning to worry), I'll keep this exercise thread going solo for now

Just nipping out to the gym soon for a quick upper body workout. Unfortunately my printer is out of order so I have no template to refer to, i.e. I have no idea on my current routine. Therefore I won't be submitting a write-up later. Pointless wasting time anyway.

Have a nice day and if you are doing some exercise, this door is still open....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Whilst other regular members of this thread are oddly boycotting this one but are reassurringly posting elsewhere (I was beginning to worry), I'll keep this exercise thread going solo for now

Just nipping out to the gym soon for a quick upper body workout. Unfortunately my printer is out of order so I have no template to refer to, i.e. I have no idea on my current routine. Therefore I won't be submitting a write-up later. Pointless wasting time anyway.

Have a nice day and if you are doing some exercise, this door is still open....
I noticed that too Floydy....
That Surfermom can be so fickle.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 10:50 AM

Cheer up Floydy, it sounds like you’ve got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning..

Page 265 of 370 « First < 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top