Join for free
Page 20 of 95 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 12:42 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh for god sake MJK; it is written by PAT BUCHANAN surely the name means something to you?

He's the godfather of the Tea Party movement, he is the right wing, catholic, segregationist darling of the extreme right. What do you expect his book would be like? Anything different would be like expecting UJ to write complementary words about Maggie Thatcher's favourite pumpkin scone recipe. It's an opinion piece for the new right.

Follow it up with Mein Kampf and you would have the set
Can't say I did know anything about him. I do now though.

There is lots of good info in this book interspersed amongst all the religious and racial bias. Definitely worth reading though but as I say I will be glad to put it down eventually.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

He's the godfather of the Tea Party movement, he is the right wing, catholic, segregationist darling of the extreme right. What do you expect his book would be like? Anything different would be like expecting UJ to write complementary words about Maggie Thatcher's favourite pumpkin scone recipe. It's an opinion piece for the new right.

Follow it up with Mein Kampf and you would have the set
Darn ... maybe I'll give it a miss after all
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I am reading the hunter boys, a story of former hawker hunter pilots and their exploits, one pilot who, disgusted that there would be no official celebration to mark the 50th anniversary of the formation of the raf , flew his hunter under tower bridge, and buzzed the houses of Parliament, he was court martialed and dishonorably discharged from the air force
Geoff Duke was the most famous HH pilot who broke the sound barrier in the 1950's
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 01:26 AM

Just started Helen Fieldings latest book, Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy

Only a few pages in but still the same humour so looking forward to the rest.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 10:55 PM

Almost finished Anilīs Ghost by Michael Ondaatje. Itīs about a young woman, born in Sri Lanka, educated in England and America, who returns to Sri Lanka as a forensic anthropologist to investigate the organsised murder campaigns engulfing the island.

Itīs a really gripping story.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Firestarter by Stephen King atm....

First, a man and a woman are subjects of a top-secret government experiment designed to produce extraordinary psychic powers.

Then, they are married and have a child. A daughter.

Early on the daughter shows signs of a wild and horrifying force growing within her. Desperately, her parents try to train her to keep that force in check, to "act normal."

Now the government wants its brainchild back - for its own insane ends
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:40 AM

Book 5 of the clan of the cave bear series, it's interesting I read first three before I didn't realise she had carried on writing them !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Almost finished Anilīs Ghost by Michael Ondaatje. Itīs about a young woman, born in Sri Lanka, educated in England and America, who returns to Sri Lanka as a forensic anthropologist to investigate the organsised murder campaigns engulfing the island.

Itīs a really gripping story.
That's sounds good
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's sounds good
Itīs excellent, at least I think so. Michael Ondaatje also wrote The English Patient.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-09-2016, 08:37 AM

Now reading "And the Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini. Half way through already, a really gripping story, every bit as good as The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Page 20 of 95 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top