Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

My God! I don't believe it, they're even trying to make this thread 'Smoke free'. I'd sooner have a good smoke than drive a car around poisoning everyone in town with fumes, ask yeself who's doing more harm.

Nice fresh tale there RJ.
It made me wonder when they entombed Jesus after the crucifixion and came back a few days later to find the huge stone rolled back and the tomb empty, did some joker write on the wall “Jesus crept”

Well put Pug me lad. (re. the truth post)
Perhaps we should now say in a courtroom “Do you solomny swear to tell the facts, the whole facts, and nothing but the facts, so help you God?”
I always tell the truth in important matters, basically I’m a truthful person, but we are seeing less and less of the truth as humanity gets greedier and greedier, then it will disappear altogether and eventually we’ll all end up a species of super liars.
Anyone my age will tell you that people are lying more today that ever before.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:31 PM

Hold on Jem!!!! We have knobs for that.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Obedience and control Gummy. Simples
Do I need to explain in detail?
not really - did some work in OPH's a few yrs back supervising students and the oldies had to sit outside their 'houses' in the enclosed garden for a smoke - but still could then?

talkin of smoking just got a BIG cigar for fathers day - 6 inches long - half inch wide from nicruagua ! have it 'brewing' in my humidifier atm
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
not really - did some work in OPH's a few yrs back supervising students and the oldies had to sit outside their 'houses' in the enclosed garden for a smoke - but still could then?

talkin of smoking just got a BIG cigar for fathers day - 6 inches long - half inch wide from nicruagua ! have it 'brewing' in my humidifier atm
You enjoy that Gummy. Can you imagine having that pleasure taken away from you, for no reason other than........
Nah, I found it all too upsetting earlier. People with dementia can still communicate. Taking away everything cause PTSD!!!
Then the next stage of Dementia kicks in quickly!!!
Will the relatives listen - NO
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 03:58 PM

well isn't it the same as goin in there and them sayin 'no sex while ya in here?'
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-09-2018, 04:12 PM

O I say Gummy. There has been trouble with that too. But I am NOT going into that. Trust you.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:20 PM

BBC journalist Caroline Wyatt awarded honorary doctorate
City graduate Caroline Wyatt becomes Doctor of Arts in recognition of outstanding contribution to journalism

During a distinguished 25-year career at the BBC, Dr Wyatt has developed a reputation as an exceptional foreign correspondent, with postings in Germany, Russia and France. She has also reported from other countries across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. She has been the BBC’s defence correspondent and most recently religious affairs correspondent.

In 2016, Dr Wyatt stepped down from her role as a correspondent after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, but continues to work as a journalist and presenter for the BBC.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:36 PM

A lovely lady RJ, I wish her luck.

If I may take this opportunity to say a few words on behalf of our own brave war correspondent, I know he’s far too modest to blow his own trumpet.
Gumbud the Fearless, or Duck the Bullets as he’s known down under, he’ll go anywhere for a good story.
Why in the past year alone he has been to Indonesia, Jerusalem, the USA, Mexico, China, Russia, to mention a few, he has also been covering the British withdrawal talks from the EC in Brussels in his spare time, albeit online, what a guy! Talk about the I’ve been everywhere man, he’s only in the ha’penny place where our hero is concerned. Go on Gummy ya good thing!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You enjoy that Gummy. Can you imagine having that pleasure taken away from you, for no reason other than........
Nah, I found it all too upsetting earlier. People with dementia can still communicate. Taking away everything cause PTSD!!!
Then the next stage of Dementia kicks in quickly!!!
Will the relatives listen - NO
I agree with you Sweetie and you have the actual experience of seeing it for yourself. I know the tension and irritability of smoking withdrawal from when I was a young man in my prime, I can only imagine what it would be like to an old person with dementia, for God’s sake let them have that little bit of pleasure before they kick the bucket.
We all know the old saying you have to be cruel to be kind, but that’s more sadistic than cruel. Even a firing squad will give you a smoke before they shoot you. Sad indeed.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-09-2018, 07:44 PM

Ha, he will be wanting a badge Jem!!!! Have you seen his pantihose thread in gardening???? He is a man of many talents.
I am staying with my chocolate thread for now. He hasn't even seen that - YET!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top