Join for free
Page 532 of 1676 « First < 32 432 482 522 530 531 532 533 534 542 582 632 1032 1532 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

You mentioned Julie Walters Gummy, I just love that woman.
She was sitting at the next table to a few workmates and meself one Friday evening back in 1983 when she was over here making “Educating Rita”, we were having an after work drink in Walsh’s of Stonybatter, she had her three female companions in knots of laughter with her funny stories, by the end of the night we all ended up together singing old Irish songs, she insisted she was let buy her round of drinks, then a taximan came in and they had to go, they had early shooting the next day she said, great craic was had by one and all, a more natural and down to earth lady you could not meet.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I can state in truthfulness,with my oath intact...I never have,solo-and never will.
well all I can say pugsie is that ya don't know what ya missin - I have and with her still in it! innit!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:27 PM

Is it just me, but, has the Banter embarked on a Churlish phase?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You mentioned Julie Walters Gummy, I just love that woman.
She was sitting at the next table to a few workmates and meself one Friday evening back in 1983 when she was over here making “Educating Rita”, we were having an after work drink in Walsh’s of Stonybatter, she had her three female companions in knots of laughter with her funny stories, by the end of the night we all ended up together singing old Irish songs, she insisted she was let buy her round of drinks, then a taximan came in and they had to go, they had early shooting the next day she said, great craic was had by one and all, a more natural and down to earth lady you could not meet.
well I can just imagine it; if ya haven't seen her "who do you think you are" doco, it's worth a peep!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:33 PM

I’ll make a note to watch that Gummy, thanks.
I’m on me way out now for a glass of lemonade and a lollypop in the local, in the meantime I leave you all with happy thoughts of Spring, see ya soon.

Spring is here once again and it’s time to come out of hibernation, time to clean out the shed and brush up the cabin.

Oh my dear little cabin, my sweet little cabin
My retreat from all lives ills
Set way down the garden out of harms way
At the foot of the Fingal hills.

Come Patricks day I’ll be merry and gay
And I’ll Kick all the gloom and the blues away
“How’s she cuttin’ my green clad friend
Let’s find the gold at the Rainbows end”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

07-03-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’ll make a note to watch that Gummy, thanks.
I’m on me way out now for a glass of lemonade and a lollypop in the local, in the meantime I leave you all with happy thoughts of Spring, see ya soon.

Spring is here once again and it’s time to come out of hibernation, time to clean out the shed and brush up the cabin.

Oh my dear little cabin, my sweet little cabin
My retreat from all lives ills
Set way down the garden out of harms way
At the foot of the Fingal hills.

Come Patricks day I’ll be merry and gay
And I’ll Kick all the gloom and the blues away
“How’s she cuttin’ my green clad friend
Let’s find the gold at the Rainbows end”
OMG he's on the poocheen again!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

07-03-2018, 03:15 AM

he's on the poteen the poteen
been drinkin since he was a wain
he's brewed it and chewed it
and worked his way through it
Our Jem is ya man for poteen!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 07:55 AM

Jem feels no dread
Tucked up in the shed
Lets give him a wave
As we risk Fingal's Cave
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:18 AM

Manys the mammy who once dipped a dummy in poitin, whisky or gin for soothing squalling babes. Maybe they still do on the quiet.

The blessed Tom Lenihan singer of Paddys Panacea never drank alcohol,hence the saying,"why don't you drink it yourself". so you do wonder if his mammy was against that practice.

While a child in the cradle, my nurse, with a ladle,
Was filling my mouth with a notion of pep,
When a drop from her bottle slipped into my throttle,
I capered and wraggled clean out of her lap.
On the floor I lay sprawling, kicking and bawling,
Till father and mother was both to the fore:
All sobbing and sighing, conceived I was dying,
But soon found I only was screeching for more.

Chorus:
Then stick to the craytur, the best thing in nature,
For sinking your sorrows and raising your joys
Oh Lord, how they’d chuckle, if babes in their truckle
They only could suckle with whiskey, me boys.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

07-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Yes indeed, nothing like a drop of the crayter to buck you up “throw away your pills, it’ll cure all ills”

Speaking of ills.

It always amazes me when I see ads for germ killing products that say “It kills 99% of all household germs” why they say that I’ll never know, it’s actually self defeating when you think of it.
Germs/bacteria are a million times better at breeding than rabbits, they come by the billions, but just take a tiny fraction, say 1,000 germs are on the tip of your index finger, you wash your hands in disinfectant and 99% of the weakest germs are massacred, fair enough, only trouble is that leaves the healthiest and strongest germs still on your finger. You put your finger into your mouth to check out a tooth or to rub your gums and you deposit all these fit as a fiddle little lads and lassies into the ideal breeding grounds, the constantly warm mouth. Before you can say Jack Robinson there’s millions of the happy creatures playing havoc inside your mouth, sore throats, gumboils, cold sores, and what have you appear, all because of that 1% that got away, you probably would have been better off with the 99% of weaklings.
But lets not worry about that, what the eye doesn’t see the heart doesn’t grieve for, Howard Hughes knew all this stuff and we don’t want to end up like him do we? It all began when he stopped shaking hands with folks.
Here’s a bar of a tune dear old Howard would have loved.

“Shake hands with your Uncle Mike, me boy
And here is your sister, Kate
And there's the girl you used to swing
Down by the garden gate
Shake hands with all of the neighbours
And kiss the colleens all
You're as welcome as the flowers in May
To dear old Donegal”

Bing Crosby-Dear old Donegal.

Page 532 of 1676 « First < 32 432 482 522 530 531 532 533 534 542 582 632 1032 1532 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top