Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Sarclanat Sallyh
Essex
Sarclanat Sallyh is female 

01-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Re: Real books vs e books?

Paper books are nice, i have a huge collection, but now use a kindle, only because you can adjust the size of the print, sometimes the print in books is too small for me to see these days, my daughter reads her kindle anywhere and everywhere, even in the bath
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Can't really knock the Kindle. I'm looking into trading in stocks and shares - just a few bob (literally) - and have so far downloaded 8 books from Amazon. 6 of them were free. Less than £2 spent so far .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 06:25 PM

Lot's of free Kindle books here

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top

I picked some great Sci-Fi classics like War Of The Worlds, 20,000 Leagues etc
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Lot's of free Kindle books here

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top

I picked some great Sci-Fi classics like War Of The Worlds, 20,000 Leagues etc
A good link that - thanks.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 07:22 PM

I have a Kindle paper white.
I think they are great tbh.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 03:31 PM

A Kindle Paperwhite for me. Easy to read day or night (with or without the bedside light on) and a charge of the battery lasts for ages.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 03:08 PM

I never thought I would be a total convert to e-books. Had my first electronic book (a Sony), some ten years ago, long before Kindle was even invented. Enjoyed using this when I was travelling, in waiting rooms etc. But always kept my large library of books and used my local library regularly.
As this system does not allow to purchase and download books, my kids bought me a Kindle eighteen months back. Have found it wonderful. Love the different text size and the ability to read it without even having to have my bedside light on. For me it totally convenient and light to take with anywhere. Charge on it lasts ages and uses the same charge cord as my 'phone - so charge one at night - so it also acts as a night light by my bed, and the other occasionally for a couple of hours in the morning.
I prefer light reading these days, and think it highly unlikely I will ever purchase again a proper book.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 06:08 PM

I also like printed books when at home , but seeing as I,m always travelling the kindle wins every time, as its less bulky and there are always a couple of new books loaded on it, I also have the benefit of re- reading some of my favourite books on there too.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 06:40 PM

I have a Sony, but it resides unused on the bookshelf. A Kobo Touch is up for sale here - trouble is, I only read non-fction such as architecture, European history and electronics, so fiction is out. Is a Kobo compatible?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 06:41 PM

Give me a printed book every time, I go through two a week. I have dozens on my Kindle app and read them when away, or when I run out of real books.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top