Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Yeeeesssss

Well, after today’s appointment with the lovely lady from pension wise...it turns out I can retire, or more likely semi retire, my pension pot is bigger than I thought and if I wait until next year it will increase a bit more, what a relief, I just want a way out of this awful company I work for , if I can handle waiting until next year, great, but if they give me any more grief,then I’m off....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:04 AM

Re: Yeeeesssss

Brilliant Primus, you'll never look back....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So people say, I’m just pleased to have options
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:14 AM

I am so pleased for you Primus.
Don't take no sh*t. X
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Quite agree with you there OGF, hopefully Primus you will be able to do what you want regarding retiring, it's quite some weight off the mind when you have the choice of getting rid of any stress from working.

Being self-employed I semi-retired 13 years' ago and took my personal pension as an annuity, just before those crashed in value, plus the maximum tax-free cash lump sum. The lump sum enabled me to pay off my biggest outgoing, the mortgage I had been paying for 38 years.

That was an interest-only mortgage with the usual problem of having to pay off some of the original mortgage as the original plan did not entirely cover the amount owed. The lump sum I took helped with that. Now fully retired life is so very different.

Best of luck with what you wish to do.
Primus1
York

16-04-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Quite agree with you there OGF, hopefully Primus you will be able to do what you want regarding retiring, it's quite some weight off the mind when you have the choice of getting rid of any stress from working.

Being self-employed I semi-retired 13 years' ago and took my personal pension as an annuity, just before those crashed in value, plus the maximum tax-free cash lump sum. The lump sum enabled me to pay off my biggest outgoing, the mortgage I had been paying for 38 years.

That was an interest-only mortgage with the usual problem of having to pay off some of the original mortgage as the original plan did not entirely cover the amount owed. The lump sum I took helped with that. Now fully retired life is so very different.

Best of luck with what you wish to do.
I also am mortgage free baz, so another worry less..
Primus1
York

16-04-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am so pleased for you Primus.
Don't take no sh*t. X
Definitely not sweetie, now I have the knowledge of being able to leave when I want ...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I also am mortgage free baz, so another worry less..
Hi

Same here, divorced, smaller house, ideal for me, kids have had the money already and no inheritance tax to pay.

No need to work, no Boss to answer to and a very good pension.

I can go fishing and on holiday, only restrictions being my current state of health, but that will improve.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:30 AM

Also, knowing that you CAN take early retirement, and so you CAN leave the job whenever you want to, that gives you power, and the strength to carry on for another year!
Primus1
York

16-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Also, knowing that you CAN take early retirement, and so you CAN leave the job whenever you want to, that gives you power, and the strength to carry on for another year!
Yes pyxell,
I enjoy the job, fixing stuff, it’s just all the hassle that goes with it,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top