Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Re: Can someone please help?

Never tried it but I believe you need the Youtube downloader.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/fr...ot:overviewtab

Sorry, just seen posts above.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Judd, I will download Firefox now and put that add on into the seachbox.
I will let you know how I fare. Did you read that Muddy and Bratti? If either of you try it too, at least if I do it wrong, I will be able to ask you if you get it right.

Omah, thank you very much too for your help. It doesn't help that I don't know the technical names such as gate etc. So sorry. I'm such a duffer.
Check the Chrome version first before you commit yourself.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:56 PM

I've used "Video DownloadHelper" for a long time now. Very easy to use in Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/fir...ownloadhelper/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:06 PM

Well, I tried to download Firefox but Windows 10 wouldn't let me. It said that it does not allow Firefox to be downloaded as apps other than from the store are not allowed because of security. It did recommend one downloader other than from the store but it was one that I had to pay for, so gave up.

I then went to the store and chose Youtube HD downloader and downloaded it, but it doesn't give me any instructions on how to use it.

I give up!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:35 PM

Well, I tried to download Firefox but Windows 10 wouldn't let me. It said that it does not allow Firefox to be downloaded as apps other than from the store are not allowed because of security. It did recommend one downloader other than from the store but it was one that I had to pay for, so gave up.

I then went to the store and chose Youtube HD downloader and downloaded it, but it doesn't give me any instructions on how to use it.

I give up!
A quick Google later and it tells me that some versions of Win 10 (S version) won't allow third party programs to be installed - you have to have a full version.

Just had a look at the one you've downloaded. What a palaver. It looks like you have to run the program and copy your Youtube video link then paste it into the program's input window.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:22 PM

Win10 triumphs again.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 11:53 PM

Oh dear Muddy and Bratti, thank goodness I'm not the only one who finds this so bloomin difficult!
It's ridiculous, I can manage typing fast as learned speed typing, but what good is that when I can't even do what others would find a really simple task such as downloading a video. doh!
Well don’t beat yourself up for it. I’m quite computer illiterate but don’t have a computer so I’m even more lost.

Thank you for the helpful info. I’ll see what I can manage to understand.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:55 AM

Hi, would be very grateful if someone could assist this old biddy.

I know how to download a video from Youtube to OFF as Off has the facility to help me download it.

But honestly, trying to fathom out how to download a music video to my laptop itself is proving very frustrating. I have watched every Youtube video which tells one how to do the above, as well as putting the question in Google Chrome search box. They all have a method for doing it, but it all seems so technical that I get completely lost half way through. Even silly things like "Open up your Browser" is gobbledegook to me, my browser is Google Chrome and I am already using it to ask the questions of them, so how can I open my browser????

To any experts on here, this must sound so silly, but this technically challenged lady would be so grateful for any help. All I want to do is download a music video from Youtube directly to my laptop so I can listen to it offline.

Can anyone help manoeuvre me through the process of doing this please?
I had this problem a few years ago. The biggest draw back is that all the 'free' YT video downloaders do not provide very good instructions on how to use them if your 'computer illiterate'.

Over the years i have tried many YT video downloaders and eventually opted for a paid program called 'Internet Download Manager'. https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

The paid version costs £20 and in my opinion it is well worth the money. I have been using it for a few years now and mainly use it to save music videos from YT (many music videos from the 60's through to the 80's).

It is extremely easy to use and i would recommend it to anyone wanting to download YT videos
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 02:09 AM

Most people want the video from youtube as well as the music. But just in case you are happy with just the audio and you have an audio recorder - preferably a digital one that records MP3 - All you need to do is run a line from the audio output of your PC to your recorder and you get high quality recordings that you can transfer to your PC, phone or burn to a CD. Sure you don't get the pictures but you have the audio to store and as long as you like without going onto the internet. You can do the same with Spotify. Just keep them all for your personal use only. Don't share them with anyone else. Illegal here and I'm sure everywhere else.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 03:32 AM

Try using Freemake, it is excellent and it is free.

https://www.freemake.com/downloads/

There is a version especially for downloading Youtube videos but personally I would recommend the Video Converter because it does so much more as well.

All you do is go to the video you want click on "Share", copy the offered link then in Freemake click on "Paste URL". Finally you choose the format you want to save it in (I prefer MP4 but if you only want the music select MP3) and off it goes.

Easy as...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2019.06.23_12h34m34s_001_Freemake Video Converter.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	9970  

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top