Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 12:15 AM

Re: Holiday Insurance

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A friend of mine had a heart attack while in Italy and was treated for three weeks in an Italian hospital. His wife had to stay in Italy and provide him with all of his meals. He was then flown home accompanied by a specially trained nurse and was met by emergency ambulance at the airport.

The cost would have run into the tens of thousands of pounds had he not had travel insurance. His treatment was paid for, his wife's extended stay and his transportation needs....He passed away a few weeks after returning home....

He had already had a previous heart attack and declared it on his application. He did complain to me that his insurance had cost more than the holiday.

I've had two heart attacks and just taken out travel insurance with the post office for twelve months. It covers anywhere in Europe and cost £288...
£288 sounds a lot yet isn't really for peace of mind . Thanks foxy x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You're welcome Lion Queen....

We visited the Caribbean on a cruise last year and I paid almost three times that amount, and that was just for a single trip......

Medical assistance at the other side of the Atlantic is very expensive indeed, and I'm afraid visiting America in the future has been removed from my bucket list.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:06 AM

I've been to the US, Canada & Australia with no travel insurance, but many years ago. I wouldn't do it now, just the EU with an EHIC card.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
LQ you don’t need a yearly policy for your forthcoming trip .
Single trips can be had at various costs . See here

https://medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/...insurance.aspx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
LQ you don’t need a yearly policy for your forthcoming trip .
Single trips can be had at various costs . See here

https://medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/...insurance.aspx
No you don't Queeny........I was just saying.......
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've been to the US, Canada & Australia with no travel insurance, but many years ago. I wouldn't do it now, just the EU with an EHIC card.
So you don't give a thought to lost luggage , lost passport for instance ? I was reading the other day about a holidaymaker straight off a transfer coach putting her luggage down , was robbed of it that instant . All her clothes , documents including return flight details and money in it .

Not to mention being taken with something the EHIC doesn't cover ?
You ought not to promote travelling without it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top