Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: Wash up as you go.

I can't believe this thread .
I wash up when I have no other alternative .
indeed were I not married to Mr M ( lovely man that he is except when he requires food )
He likes cooked stuff .
I on the other hand if I lived alone would never ever eat anything that requires a pan or any other utensil .
Bring on the baguettes and yogurts .

I am now cooking for Mr M and the dog who is a fuss pot and prefers cooked food too!

For goodness sake hes are one genetic step from a wolf can't he eat this stuff raw?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 12:23 PM

I haven’t got that many years left on this earth so, no way am l going to become a slave in my own home. I have places to go, people to see!

I put all that can go in, in the dishwasher and when it’s full l switch it on.

Anything, else can stay by the sink until l am in the mood to wash them.
I can’t be messing around with household chores, they age you and make you ill!

PS, l am very fussy about the cleanliness of chopping boards, so they do get priority..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I do the cooking, ms d00d does the washing up.

Things like chopping board and knife I wash while the food's cooking.
Ha! Same again here d00d. I cook, Mrs LD washes up although I do wash up anything hanging around in the morning. Most of it goes in the dishwasher though.

When I lived on my own for a while, I only used paper plates and plastic forks and the whole lot went in the bin. Result!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When cooking.?

Or maybe load the dishwasher as you go?

How do you do it?

Or maybe you leave all the washing up until the end?
Since I divorced my dishwasher I just leave the washing up to the end.

I rarely cook individual meals indoors (that's what my microwave, rice cooker and steamer are for) but I do cook in bulk then freeze the meals for later (Spag Bol sauce, Indian, Thai, Chinese etc). Otherwise any cooking is done outside on my BBQ which saves a heap on washing up - the BBQ just needs a scrape afterwards.

Cooking for one is my idea of hell - 10 to 20 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes to eat then 10 minutes washing up? no thank you.

That looks a real stuff up of a meal but it is the only one I can find a photo of.

I am so much more organised in my dotage... In my extreme youth (and between wives) I would just pile the pans, crockery and cutlery in the sink until I ran out of something (usually plates) then wash the lot. Thankfully those days are behind me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	150526 003 Lamb Chops BBQ.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	10084  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 01:47 PM

That looks yoummy Bruce
Not sure your heart would agree .
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 12:12 PM

I wash up every morning, anything used during the day sits in the bowl until the next day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 12:44 PM

I wash up after every meal, can’t stand to see dirty dishes left around.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top