Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:32 PM

Re: In the garden today

Mags, I'm a real fan of Agapanthus. Do you know the name of your white one?

Did you see my blue ones and white ones on the previous page?

Your Hibiscus is really pretty too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 11:20 AM

I had got behind in the veg garden after being away for a couple of weeks, but luckily my neighbour keeps things watered for me as best he can, so not all bad news on my return...

Aubergines tomatos and sweet peppers doing OK in the greenhouse..

Root veg looking good, parsnips carrots and beetroot already producing edibles, even the swedes are nearly big enough for two.....

The beans, after a terrible start, are cropping madly and we are giving away many more than we can eat...

The onions have done really well and are quite big enough for our needs so I have pulled them and have laid them out to dry...

The Oregon thornless blackberries have suffered because of the intense heat last week, so the early berries have been lost but it looks like there are plenty more coming along which should be OK, they really are one of my favourite fruits so I would hate to lose the whole crop..

All in all not a bad year up to yet, I just hope the autumn raspberries crop OK because they seem rather short of flowers up to now.. so fingers crossed...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_094623.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	10448   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_094608.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	10449   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_094344.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	10450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_094327.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	10451   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190808_094317.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	10452  

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I had got behind in the veg garden after being away for a couple of weeks, but luckily my neighbour keeps things watered for me as best he can, so not all bad news on my return...

Aubergines tomatos and sweet peppers doing OK in the greenhouse..

Root veg looking good, parsnips carrots and beetroot already producing edibles, even the swedes are nearly big enough for two.....

The beans, after a terrible start, are cropping madly and we are giving away many more than we can eat...

The onions have done really well and are quite big enough for our needs so I have pulled them and have laid them out to dry...

The Oregon thornless blackberries have suffered because of the intense heat last week, so the early berries have been lost but it looks like there are plenty more coming along which should be OK, they really are one of my favourite fruits so I would hate to lose the whole crop..

All in all not a bad year up to yet, I just hope the autumn raspberries crop OK because they seem rather short of flowers up to now.. so fingers crossed...
They look and sound fantastic Barry. I wish I had a bit more space to do that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They look and sound fantastic Barry. I wish I had a bit more space to do that.
Yes Dogs we are very lucky having the space, in fact there js too much sometimes and it can get overwhelming if we get behind...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Dogs we are very lucky having the space, in fact there js too much sometimes and it can get overwhelming if we get behind...
Before we moved, we had the space but not the time, now we have the time but not the space.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Beautiful Mags and still so much colour .

There is very little colour in my garden now , I have cut back the tubs of petunias today and fed them, they should have a second flowering now.
Thanks Meg the garden didn't suffer too bad while we were away but I'm afraid the baskets and pots just shriveled in the heat.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Amazing plants as always Mags. Your plants always look so healthy. I love the Hibiscus.
Thanks LD I love the Hibiscius too. It's in the front garden very close to the garden wall and it's surprising how many passing people just rip off the stems

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mags, I'm a real fan of Agapanthus. Do you know the name of your white one?

Did you see my blue ones and white ones on the previous page?

Your Hibiscus is really pretty too.
Thanks Mups I'm sorry I don't know the name of the white Agapanthus - I bought 2 loose bulbs from the Flower Market in Madeira about 15 years ago, I gave one to my daughter and hers turned out to be a blue one

I did see your blue and white ones, you have quite a big collection of them now I really like your white and blue one, such a delicate colour on the huge flower head.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 11:06 PM

Thanks Mags.
I have a realy beauty out the front which I want to get a picture of - that's if it is still there after the winds and rain this weekend!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 11:38 PM

Thanks Mags.
I have a realy beauty out the front which I want to get a picture of - that's if it is still there after the winds and rain this weekend!
Looking forward to seeing that one so I hope the weather doesn't spoil it...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The garden after a bit of a tidy up....

This is lovely Mags
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:58 PM

More lovely Agapanthus.

Wow these are beautiful Mups
I have grown two in pots it has taken me two years .
A4e yours in the ground?

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top