Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:32 PM

Re: My Poor Little Flynn Attacked by another Dog!

How horrible for you & your dog. I hope that woman neighbour who owns the other dog has him put down, who knows who else he might bite, another dog, a child. I doubt that sort of aggression can be cured.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LD, Thankyou, and please don't put off telling us today all about your wonderful new puppy. I really need something to feel cheerful about and your post will be just the ticket. Besides, Flynn is at present lying on the Sofa in the front room on his back on a large cushion with four paws in the air! so looks as though he doesn't appear to have suffered any psychological affect from his ordeal.
Oh that's good, I'm so glad he is Ok. I need to upload some pics of my little one yet anyway. I have only had him three days but we have already bonded so I can imagine how terrifying it was for you.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh... what a terrible thing to happen SG, poor Flynn, he must have been so frightened and in pain. His wounds could have been so much worse

It's also a nasty shock for you and MrSG to witness. I hope your hand gets better, that sounds like a nasty bruise.

I hope the dog's owner is now convinced that her dog is dangerous to others and does the right thing.
Thanks Mags, Flynn's screams are something I never wish to hear ever again. What I can't get out of my head is the way that dog wouldn't let go of his bite of him, no matter what we were doing to try and make him. What powerful jaws he had when three of us (two women and a man) were trying to prise open both sides of his mouth open. It was like trying to prise apart two stones that had been set with cement.

I will try my utmost not to let this affect me, I am normally nervous anyway whenever I see a loose dog. I'm sure all of dog owners have had similar experience with vicious dogs, but it really is upsetting when the dog being attacked is yours. It is exactly as Meg says, one can't stop feeling sick and shaky for hours. Not nice.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:40 PM

Oh Shrops this post has made me cry, how awful for your poor little dog, you and your husband, you all must have been terrified. Whilst it was bad I'm so glad to hear it wasn't much worse, your adorable Flynn could have been killed. Your little dog is so like mine and I can't imagine how you must have felt yesterday when this happened as you were trying to save him, I imagine you will be very shook up for a good while yet.

It appears the lady is panicking that she may have to have her dog put down but it sounds like it needs doing as it is a very dangerous dog. I understand the woman will be upset but she has to see that it could happen again and maybe next time the dog it attacks won't be so lucky and dies. Even worse, a child, perhaps even her own little girl could be killed by this animal. If the dog isn't put to sleep that lady needs to take control of her dog and make sure it can't get out and she also needs to muzzle it.

I am glad you finally got you dog away with the water, I must remember that in case god forbid anything like that happens to my Kodi.

I'm sending you the biggest hugs, I wish I could hug you real time. Please take care and try relax, you have been through a horrible ordeal and it is bound to have some effect on your well being just now.

Again I am so glad to hear Flynn is ok. xxx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh that's good, I'm so glad he is Ok. I need to upload some pics of my little one yet anyway. I have only had him three days but we have already bonded so I can imagine how terrifying it was for you.
LD, Lots of pics please. He sounds so adorable before we have even seen him.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh Shrops this post has made me cry, how awful for your poor little dog, you and your husband, you all must have been terrified. Whilst it was bad I'm so glad to hear it wasn't much worse, your adorable Flynn could have been killed. Your little dog is so like mine and I can't imagine how you must have felt yesterday when this happened as you were trying to save him, I imagine you will be very shook up for a good while yet.

It appears the lady is panicking that she may have to have her dog put down but it sounds like it needs doing as it is a very dangerous dog. I understand the woman will be upset but she has to see that it could happen again and maybe next time the dog it attacks won't be so lucky and dies. Even worse, a child, perhaps even her own little girl could be killed by this animal. If the dog isn't put to sleep that lady needs to take control of her dog and make sure it can't get out and she also needs to muzzle it.

I am glad you finally got you dog away with the water, I must remember that in case god forbid anything like that happens to my Kodi.

I'm sending you the biggest hugs, I wish I could hug you real time. Please take care and try relax, you have been through a horrible ordeal and it is bound to have some effect on your well being just now.

Again I am so glad to hear Flynn is ok. xxx

Bless you LQ, thankyou for your kind wishes (and the hug).
I know my two are breeds not very well known LaChons, (half Lhasa Apso, half Bichon) but the nearest breed they look identical to when not groomed is the Maltese Terrier.
I know you have a little dog just like mine so appreciate would know how we felt. I also know that anyone who has had their dog attacked by another would also know that horrible feeling that one just cannot shake off.

At least by knowing about the water now, we intend to take a used washing up liquid bottle filled with water with us so we can squirt it in their eyes if, god fobid, it should ever happen again.

Thank you again.x
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
How horrible for you & your dog. I hope that woman neighbour who owns the other dog has him put down, who knows who else he might bite, another dog, a child. I doubt that sort of aggression can be cured.
I know, Tiffany. I really don't know how I am going to feel when I see her again. It all depends on what she has done about her dog. I'm not feeling up to facing her at the moment but If she is keeping it, I may well insist she buys a muzzle for it and as HWMO told her by text, NEVER allow the dog the opportunity ever again to rush out the front door to attack another dog (or god forbid, a child). I'm afraid I won't be able to stop myself from telling her what the different scenario's could well have resulted in. But, that is for another time at the moment.

While I am sitting here on the Sofa with the two boys safely lying next to me on cushions, I sometimes wonder whether it is worth the risk, taking them out for a daily walk! They are so safe here with a large garden and deck to run around on, and knowing they can't get out and no dog can get in to harm them always reassures me. They are classed as lapdogs (I'll vouch for that, try two dogs attempting to both get onto one pair of knees!) and it does state in the book about their breed that they do not require walking as long as they have plenty of room to run around and play in the garden, but they absolutely love their one long walk a day and it would be such a shame to stop it, even though I will be a nervous wreck after yesterday.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 03:28 PM

Oh Shrops, what an awful experience for you and poor Flynn.

I too hope your hand heals quickly, and that he suffers no ill effects.

Sending hugs.

And LD, yes, photos please of your new pup.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I know, Tiffany. I really don't know how I am going to feel when I see her again. It all depends on what she has done about her dog. I'm not feeling up to facing her at the moment but If she is keeping it, I may well insist she buys a muzzle for it and as HWMO told her by text, NEVER allow the dog the opportunity ever again to rush out the front door to attack another dog (or god forbid, a child). I'm afraid I won't be able to stop me telling her what the different scenario's could well have resulted in. But, that is for another time at the moment.
I think I'd have gone round to her house & asked her what she intended to do about her dog. I'd tell her to muzzle it, keep it on a lead, never let it run out of her house & walk it where there were no other dogs, if she intends to keep it. Glad your OH did that.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-07-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think I'd have gone round to her house & asked her what she intended to do about her dog. I'd tell her to muzzle it, keep it on a lead, never let it run out of her house & walk it where there were no other dogs, if she intends to keep it. Glad your OH did that.
Forgive me Tiffany, I added more text in my reply to your post.
Trouble is, to be truthful, still feeling a little shaky after yesterday. Normally, I am a bolshy, tell it how it is type of person, but yesterday really took the wind out of my sails.
No doubt, we will have to eventually meet again. If it turns out she didn't mean it when she said the dog was going, then I will certainly say something to her.

It's really difficult. This little village street is normally so friendly, and everyone always makes newcomers welcome. How can this be in her case though when she has in the space of three weeks since moving in, upset two neighbours with her dog attacks.

We will have to wait and see how things progress.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top