Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Politicians

I have already tried to put up a post but it didn't work so I
will try again. We have just got rid of May who was useless as a Home Secretary and even worse as a PM And now we get coco the clown as PM who cant string a sentence together I feel sorry for the interpreters at EU meetings trying to understand Boris probably end up cut their wrist god help them and god help us
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:45 PM

Re: Politicians

I've met a small number of people who have the same trait as him.

Their brain and intellect work very much faster than their mouths so that while they're still saying one thing their brain has moved on.

I recognise this in Johnson.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Their brain and intellect work very much faster than their mouths so that while they're still saying one thing their brain has moved on.

That's what I'm hoping too - that he is so intelligent that he can't put into words what he is thinking. You see it all the time with University/ radio 4 types that struggle to compose a sentence.

Time will tell though.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 02:07 PM

Good. Anything that could make life difficult for the EU mafia is okay with me.

Boris has until 31st October to convince me we will be leaving with or without a deal. Not holding my breath of course. Interesting times ahead though.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 04:35 PM

I don't trust Boris ... masquerading as a brexiter just for his own self betterment. And it landed him the top job. Lord knows where we go from here, but I'm beyond caring.

I like Boris, I like his blarney, he's a laugh, he makes the rest of them sound like wind-up toys and broken records.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:42 PM

Yes - I agree
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:49 PM

Could be Todgy! but it could also be that he is so enthusiastic
about everything that the words pour out before he has time
to think them? Something like an enthusastic puppy trying to
please you!
Not all bad l think!
Regards Donkeyman!
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Yes - I agree
But is that going to help when he is battling for Britain before the EU members
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:08 PM

I've heard that he's multilingual, speaking Latin, French and Italian fluently, born in Manhattan of Turkish stock, with English blue blood too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
But is that going to help when he is battling for Britain before the EU members
They will have to get used to his style. I don't see his shambling manner as any detriment to the man and personally I don't think he speaks badly.
IMO he is not the buffoon that some people think he is.

Although I voted remain, if we are going to leave the EU I say lets give them a run for their money and stand up for ourselves with pride and humour rather than outright animosity - I have always liked Boris and I believe he can do that. I have felt quite optimistic this last couple of days and am pleased Boris is PM. He always puts a smile on my face and I can forgive him things I would condemn others for. Don't know why. Perhaps it's his determination and charismatic personality that appeals to me. Course, I could
just fancy him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top