Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 08:00 PM

Remainers Real Intentions

Remainers should be frank about their real intention

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...eal-intention/

"Remainers who want to block a ‘no-deal’ Brexit should be frank about their real intention. Their plan is for the UK to be subsumed into a United States of Europe with the most important laws determined by unelected officials in Brussels"

Another good read
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 08:09 PM

Re: Remainers Real Intentions

Originally Posted by Realist ->

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/remai...eal-intention/

"Remainers who want to block a ‘no-deal’ Brexit should be frank about their real intention. Their plan is for the UK to be subsumed into a United States of Europe with the most important laws determined by unelected officials in Brussels"

Another good read

The thing is ....

Even the remainers rejected the withdrawal bill because it would make the UK a vassal state to the EU. A colony that has taxation with no representation, part of a communist cult with no way of getting rid of the leadership and an unelected commission with no opposition.

It was a vision of the forward travel of the EU ... and nobody, not even the remainers liked it.

The remainers think the EU will stay as it is ... the last 5 years of Juncker will be a walk in the park compared to the next 5 with Ursula van de Leyen... the common tax policy, common asylum policy etc etc .... it's a reflection of life in the backstop but rolling out to the 27.

The remainers still don't see it and it will be far to late when the reality kicks in.

That backstop is the United States of Europe in about 2 to 3 years complete with a European Army to control those who dare to try and leave it.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The thing is

That backstop is the United States of Europe in about 2 to 3 years complete with a European Army to control those who dare to try and leave it.

Its obvious that as production globalises, in the long term we need to be part of a continental size group to have any influence in the world whatsoever and yes it needs to have a credible army to defend against other major powers, central control and a common currency.

Straight choice... USA with the likes of Donald Trump or EU which is actually where we live and where we are already integrated.

Only one logical choice.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:26 PM

EU Army? integrated? I think not!

I like Europe, I like Europeans, (Well, maybe not so much the rude Parisians). I like having them as neighbours, able to fly or sail over there to buy their cheaper wines and spirits, eat in their lovely cafe's and restaurants, shop in their lovely shops.

But that is as far as I, along with 17.4 million others, want to be integrated with Europe. We have had over 40 years of further integration thank you and it is not to our liking at all.
We'll play Little Englanders and stand on the white cliffs of Dover and wish you all well in your endeavours.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

with the most important laws determined by unelected officials in Brussels"

Another good lie
Almost all decisions in Europe are made by national ministers or government leaders, and are prepared by national officials. Recent criticized European decisions, such as the establishment of the Euro Emergency Fund, have certainly been taken in "back rooms", but by national ministers, each armed with a veto. Some ministers, such as the Dutch, are being restrained by their own parliament even before they go to such a Brussels meeting. Many European decisions, including the euro, nowadays have to be approved by the European Parliament. These people may be unpopular in their own country, but they have been chosen directly. The famous technocrats who run Brussels are officials of the European Commission. They cannot decide anything, only make proposals for European legislation. Ministers first shoot holes in it, then the European Parliament goes over it. This is not undemocratic. Only, it works with the old system of (national) representatives, while nowadays citizens want more direct democracy. That is why there are many debates to adapt European democracy to that wish or requirement. This may mean that European politics is organized less nationally: for example, that there will be an elected president. Citizens may like this, but national governments less.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Its obvious that as production globalises, in the long term we need to be part of a continental size group to have any influence in the world whatsoever and yes it needs to have a credible army to defend against other major powers, central control and a common currency.

Straight choice... USA with the likes of Donald Trump or EU which is actually where we live and where we are already integrated.

Only one logical choice.
We are the 5th biggest economy in the world and have nuclear capability.

You think we aren't taken seriously unless we are part of a failing superstate ?

Dream on...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:43 PM

The thing is ....

Even the remainers rejected the withdrawal bill because it would make the UK a vassal state to the EU. A colony that has taxation with no representation, part of a communist cult with no way of getting rid of the leadership and an unelected commission with no opposition.

It was a vision of the forward travel of the EU ... and nobody, not even the remainers liked it.

The remainers think the EU will stay as it is ... the last 5 years of Juncker will be a walk in the park compared to the next 5 with Ursula van de Leyen... the common tax policy, common asylum policy etc etc .... it's a reflection of life in the backstop but rolling out to the 27.

The remainers still don't see it and it will be far to late when the reality kicks in.

Absolutely.
My bold. There are 12 former communist countries that are now EU members, with more waiting in the wings. They have taken our industry and businesses and agriculture, had our money for development , we have had the same people enjoy our freedoms and live in the UK, but we know not what goes on behind closed doors.

Presidents and officials of the EU are chosen from those countries who in many cases grew up without understanding democracy as we do. They are making the decisions for all of us. Could there be infiltration by the old school ? I believe yes there could be, and we do not have a clue what is likely to happen in the next 5- 10 years and beyond.

That was greatest reason for my decision to vote leave.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:48 PM

We are the 5th biggest economy I'm the world and have nuclear capability.

You think we aren't taken seriously unless we are part of a failing superstate ?

Dream on...

We are 7th according to this.

http://statisticstimes.com/economy/p...dp-ranking.php

We (UK but mostly England) are a laughing stock.
I suppose the nuclear weapons bit is very important to you.
Reality1
Scotland

11-08-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
EU Army? integrated? I think not!

I like Europe, I like Europeans, (Well, maybe not so much the rude Parisians).

Nice piece of collective stereotyping of Parisian citizens there!

Actually I get the impression you don't like anyone with different views and values to your own.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
We are 7th according to this.

http://statisticstimes.com/economy/p...dp-ranking.php

We (UK but mostly England) are a laughing stock.
I suppose the nuclear weapons bit is very important to you.
Ouch! Sink one more position and boris won't even be invited to the Group of 7.
Isn't france capable of blowing up some islands in the pacific?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top