Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 06:15 AM

Re: The Brexit Doom Continues.

Hi

Nobody knows what will happen.

It was not just Project Fear which was wrong, the Leave Campaign was equally as wrong.

The winner will be the one least wrong.

Not long to go now.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I was surprised that some old friends of mine voted to leave because of the elderly immigrants from the Indian sub continent were taking up all the hospital beds. They failed to recognise the contribution immigrants were making in staffing the NHS

There has never been any tangible economic argument for leaving the EU and whilst the idea of sovereignty is in theory a noble one many of the very people who espouse it would deny the Scots the same

There is a lot of rhetoric about the EU treating us badly during Brexit negotiations but they are just protecting their own interests,? What did we expect? Were we that naive?

The timing of the determination to leave has also turned out to be very inopportune as Trump is currently intent on opening trade wars across the world and there is a danger of a world wide recession. A no deal Brexit on top of that may have unleash long lasting implications for out economy

If Brexit does indeed prove to be an economic disaster I’ve often wondered how big the backlash would be
Very good post! I agree 100%. I worked in the NHS for 42 years and acknowledge and respect the huge contribution of immigrants to the service. Like you, I was dismayed at the way the race card was used. Two examples:- A very talented Lithuanian co-worker left the laboratory as her Polish boyfriend was receiving racial abuse as a result of the Brexit campaign and they decided to move back to his home country:- a German friend who has worked in the lab for the best part of 30 years is worried about her “settled status” and her Scottish husband is so angry they are contemplating upping sticks and moving to her home town of Hamburg.
The whole thing is embarrassing and I am convinced many who voted leave didn’t really understand the consequences.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Very good post! I agree 100%. I worked in the NHS for 42 years and acknowledge and respect the huge contribution of immigrants to the service. Like you, I was dismayed at the way the race card was used. Two examples:- A very talented Lithuanian co-worker left the laboratory as her Polish boyfriend was receiving racial abuse as a result of the Brexit campaign and they decided to move back to his home country:- a German friend who has worked in the lab for the best part of 30 years is worried about her “settled status” and her Scottish husband is so angry they are contemplating upping sticks and moving to her home town of Hamburg.
The whole thing is embarrassing and I am convinced many who voted leave didn’t really understand the consequences.
I think you have been mislead about immigration Weedeek,
You seem to be confusing CONTROLLED immigration with
UNCONTROLLED immigration?
I'm sure you know the difference so l wont waste time in
explaining it.
Of course people with useful skills will be able to come to
UK as long as they do the paperwork!! And the ones allready
here in needed occupations should allready have the paperwork
needed!
So Banchory and yourself should have no worries about
genuine immigrants status after brexit!

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It was not just Project Fear which was wrong, the Leave Campaign was equally as wrong.

Not long to go now.
On the not long now Swimmy l hope you are right!
Though l have my doubts??
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Hi

Not long to go now.
The leave campaign have been proved totally wrong, because all their claims have been shot down during the last year. In how far what is termed as project fear is exaggerated will be revealed after the UK has left, regardless of whether it is with or without a deal. It can hardly be as wrong as the leave campaign has proven to be.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The leave campaign have been proved totally wrong, because all their claims have been shot down during the last year. In how far what is termed as project fear is exaggerated will be revealed after the UK has left, regardless of whether it is with or without a deal. It can hardly be as wrong as the leave campaign has proven to be.
Like what ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Hi

Look at what mikel goof stated today. Do you think the johnson administration would start this kind of blame game, if they wouldn’t expect no-deal brexit to be exactly the catastrophe remainers predict?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top