Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 02:51 PM

Remainers Didn't Know What they were Voting For!

I'll bet Remainers didn't know they were voting for....

An EU Army

Angela Merkel dictating the immigration of 1 million African and Arabic economic migrants

The EU ( Verhofstadt)
announcing to remove Sovereignity from countries without their consent

The break up of the UK

A Trade War with The EU

And much more.

Remainers Did NOT know what they were voting for!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 03:44 PM

Re: Remainers Didn't Know What they were Voting For!

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

An EU Army

Angela Merkel dictating the immigration of 1 million African and Arabic economic migrants

The EU ( Verhofstadt)

The break up of the UK

A Trade War with The EU

And much more.

I voted remain three years ago, not because I had any love for the eu, but because I felt I had little choice. The referendum was called by the wrong person, for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time [during an austerity drive] and I knew it would end in tears. Three years before the vote a group of politicians, businessmen & thinkers should have worked out how it could be done, when and why. Also it should never have been allowed to become party political.

Incidentally, I now support the idea of leaving, and this is mainly because of uncooperative brussels.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I voted remain three years ago, not because I had any love for the eu, but because I felt I had little choice. The referendum was called by the wrong person, for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time [during an austerity drive] and I knew it would end in tears. Three years before the vote a group of politicians, businessmen & thinkers should have worked out how it could be done, when and why. Also it should never have been allowed to become party political.

Incidentally, I now support the idea of leaving, and this is mainly because of uncooperative brussels.
It certainly was the wrong time Out of interest in your reason for changing your mind, what did you think the EU would do if not protect its unity and interests?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It certainly was the wrong time Out of interest in your reason for changing your mind, what did you think the EU would do if not protect its unity and interests?
The irony is ... we are the EU we are every bit as EU as any other EU state. We have shaped the EU into what it is today. We drew up the treaties, we signed the treaties. I'm a pensioner and we have been a member of this union all my adult life, It's evolved and we have been leading instrumentalist.

We vote to leave, and overnight we are the enemy. We should still have our commissioner there orchestrating things. That's how things work in the world of business.

Our popular press have always been obsessed with portraying brussels as the enemy, as if all the crazy legislation was not our doing. The legislators were happy with that. But now it's backfired on us. We can't leave amiably because of that. We can't leave amiably because it's not what the nationalists want, it's not what the career politicians want.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
The irony is ... we are the EU we are every bit as EU as any other EU state. We have shaped the EU into what it is today. We drew up the treaties, we signed the treaties. I'm a pensioner and we have been a member of this union all my adult life, It's evolved and we have been leading instrumentalist.

We vote to leave, and overnight we are the enemy. We should still have our commissioner there orchestrating things. That's how things work in the world of business.

Our popular press have always been obsessed with portraying brussels as the enemy, as if all the crazy legislation was not our doing. The legislators were happy with that. But now it's backfired on us. We can't leave amiably because of that. We can't leave amiably because it's not what the nationalists want, it's not what the career politicians want.
Yes I would agree

It also didn't help that the Brexiteers were saying that the EU needs us more than we need them and that we can have our cake and eat it suggesting we pay nothing but get most of the benefits. The appointment of Davis was a grave error and the alarm bells should have rung when he was fought out lying to Parliament over the sectional studies

This just made the EU double down and issue a statement that the UK cannot have the same deal outside the EU as that they have as being a member and went on to affirm that there can be no cherry picking of the “four freedoms”
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2019, 08:57 PM

I so agree with you Moscow .
smile
Banchory
Kent

03-08-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

An EU Army

The EU ( Verhofstadt)

The break up of the UK

A Trade War with The EU

And much more.

What make you think the UK would have broken up if we remained in the EU and, if we were to remain in the EU why would we have a trade war with ourselves??
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:04 PM

Banchory, I would imagine many who voted Remain have since changed their minds due to the utter intransigence, arrogance and utter smugness of an organisation that has used every dirty trick in the book during negotations, that would make the mafia smile. Of course, they have been helped all along by the 5th column here at home and a useless Prime Minister May, who was quite happy to fool the Leave voters into thinking she was backing the referendum result, whilst the EU team laughed at her behind her back for being such a willing humiliated patsy.

Who knows how it will all end? but I feel we have more chance of shaking the EU Dog by the collar with Boris and Co in the driving seat. He knows he and his party (Leave and Remain) are in the last chance saloon. No Brexit - No Tory Party for years, Brexit - preferably with a deal but without if necessary, Tory Party will call an immediate GE and will romp home.

Make no mistake about it. Boris is not kidding about No Deal.
Banchory
Kent

05-08-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Banchory, I would imagine many who voted Remain have since changed their minds due to the utter intransigence, arrogance and utter smugness of an organisation that has used every dirty trick in the book during negotations, that would make the mafia smile. Of course, they have been helped all along by the 5th column here at home and a useless Prime Minister May, who was quite happy to fool the Leave voters into thinking she was backing the referendum result, whilst the EU team laughed at her behind her back for being such a willing humiliated patsy.

Who knows how it will all end? but I feel we have more chance of shaking the EU Dog by the collar with Boris and Co in the driving seat. He knows he and his party (Leave and Remain) are in the last chance saloon. No Brexit - No Tory Party for years, Brexit - preferably with a deal but without if necessary, Tory Party will call an immediate GE and will romp home.

Make no mistake about it. Boris is not kidding about No Deal.
The EU had no need to use any tricks. They only had three red lines
1. There could be no cherry picking
2. The UK could not have as good a deal outside the EU as it had when it was a member
3. Protecting the GFA which was a red line for one of its members

You unfortunately conflate experienced negotiating skills with arrogance and intransigence.

We on the other hand have had a successive number of incompetents who lacked any negotiating skills and had no plan

While those opposed to Brexit no doubt frustrate you, your use of the term 5th columnists seems to imply that you think of the EU as an enemy and that those in the UK who express their democratic right to to opposition are traitors. I don’t ever recall anyone ever levelling such accusations at eurosceptics who have been both vocal and active since we joined the EEC. Such stifling of democracy has sinister far right overtones

You may be right that it will be the end of the Conservatives if they don’t deliver Brexit but it’s just as likely it will be the end of the Conservative party if a no deal Brexit turns out to be a disaster for the UK and along with it all other euroscgptic parties.

Boris may well go into the history books but time will tell whether it’s as a latter day Churchill or pariah like Eden
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The EU had no need to use any tricks. They only had three red lines
1. There could be no cherry picking
2. The UK could not have as good a deal outside the EU as it had when it was a member
3. Protecting the GFA which was a red line for one of its members

You unfortunately conflate experienced negotiating skills with arrogance and intransigence.

We on the other hand have had a successive number of incompetents who lacked any negotiating skills and had no plan

While those opposed to Brexit no doubt frustrate you, your use of the term 5th columnists seems to imply that you think of the EU as an enemy and that those in the UK who express their democratic right to to opposition are traitors. I don’t ever recall anyone ever levelling such accusations at eurosceptics who have been both vocal and active since we joined the EEC. Such stifling of democracy has sinister far right overtones

You may be right that it will be the end of the Conservatives if they don’t deliver Brexit but it’s just as likely it will be the end of the Conservative party if a no deal Brexit turns out to be a disaster for the UK and along with it all other euroscgptic parties.

Boris may well go into the history books but time will tell whether it’s as a latter day Churchill or pariah like Eden
And because of that ^^ the EU are faced with no deal, thousands of Germans out of work, 39 billion walking out the door complete with our nett contributions, tarrifs on its exports to its biggest single market on 1st November, the UK controlling everything going in and out of the Republic of Ireland and buying its stuff from elsewhere, plus the biggest national party in the EU Parliament being run by Nigel Farage.

Brilliant negotiating skills by the EU !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top