Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: What do think about michael Buerk

Saying that we should let obese people die is the thin end of the wedge (pun intended!) where do you draw the line? and who gets the chop next.....?

I actually like Michael Buerk, I really enjoyed his adventures sailing along the South coast with John Sergeant, but it was a dumb thing to say..... Ex news readers seem to be full of their own importance.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
we pay for the NHS have done so since 1948 who do you think pays for it the tooth fairy
I wish the tooth fairy would pay for my crown replacement next week!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wish the tooth fairy would pay for my crown replacement next week!

Look as though you have been washed up in a dinghy on the beach Floydy, you'll get it done for free.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:39 PM

The number of larger people is evident through a lifetime of people watching, something has changed, the question is what or why.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:40 PM

And, watching yourself of course.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:16 AM

Does this also apply to overweight people who are wheelchair bound, those who take drugs for mental health that also create a weight problem for individuals or is it only applicable to those who can stand on two legs ?
Stupid comment for anyone to make. Surprised at him really. Maybe he's another who is loosing his marbles. What should we prescribe for that ?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The number of larger people is evident through a lifetime of people watching, something has changed, the question is what or why.
More and better choice of food, many of us also eat too much. Far less physical exercise than previously. More opportunity to indulge in both of these as we sit in front of our televisions and computers or on mobile phones. Transport allows us to sit rather than walk or cycle to our destinations. Add to all this that not all of us have the knowledge of how our bodies use food and I believe you may have part of the answer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
More and better choice of food, many of us also eat too much. Far less physical exercise than previously. More opportunity to indulge in both of these as we sit in front of our televisions and computers or on mobile phones. Transport allows us to sit rather than walk or cycle to our destinations. Add to all this that not all of us have the knowledge of how our bodies use food and I believe you may have part of the answer.
Nail on the head with this answer, Baz
So many people are quite simply ignorant about how to look after their health properly. I have no idea why that is when (a) we are being advised all the time about what food is healthy for us to eat and (b) it's common sense! - you have to look after your health. It's our No.1 priority in life. Survival.
It's not only about people not being educated in how to eat healthily and have a moderately sensible diet, it's about people have some self-respect and looking after themselves. Get off their backsides and just go for a walk!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nail on the head with this answer, Baz
So many people are quite simply ignorant about how to look after their health properly. I have no idea why that is when (a) we are being advised all the time about what food is healthy for us to eat and (b) it's common sense! - you have to look after your health. It's our No.1 priority in life. Survival.
It's not only about people not being educated in how to eat healthily and have a moderately sensible diet, it's about people have some self-respect and looking after themselves. Get off their backsides and just go for a walk!
Thanks Floydy. This a very involved subject as you will know and being ignorant of the facts is, I reckon, due to lack of education in the whole subject. After going on an NHS sponsored course, so as to avoid me continuing to where I would have been Type 2 diabetic, I learned so much, in fact everything needed to lose 10kg and no longer being at risk of diabetes. Nobody ever taught me about food, how our bodies process food etc. There is also the element of manufacturers putting too much sugar in food – 29 teaspoons of it in a box of a well-known brand of cereal! What's that all about and why on earth is that considered 'necessary'? Well, sugar is a drug to our bodies to crave more as it works on the 'comfort' and 'pleasure' parts of our brains. That, some would cynically say, and I am one of them, is quite simply to ensure we buy more of that particular product.

The other element in all this, as you say, is just more exercise. This has been missing from the lives of youngsters since schools seemed to concentrate more on academia rather than physical exercise and that being part of the curriculum. Modern lifestyles, as mentioned in my post, do not make exercise naturally part of our lives nowadays. I could go on at some length about this after what I learned but that's about all, for now anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
we pay for the NHS have done so since 1948 who do you think pays for it the tooth fairy
The NHS together with all Benefits are paid for by the tax payers in the current tax year.

There is no pot. What we paid in taxes last year or all the way back to 1948 has been spent.

If the taxes that a person pays is less than the burden that they place on the exchequer then someone else is paying for them.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top