Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:32 PM

Re: Could you give up alcoholic drinks?

I gave up alcohol 2 years ago after being diagnosed with a medical condition. I was a drinker of wine and drank in moderation. I found it difficult at first but soon got used to the change.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:39 PM

I have 5 pints of beer a week. The last time I stopped drinking those was when I decided to lose a bit of girth around my middle. It wasn't all that big ..but big for me.

That shows I can do it if I want to. I don't want to now though, so 5 pints of enjoyable beer a week for me.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:53 PM

Yes. I enjoy an ice cold beer on a hot day. I enjoy a glass of red wine with a great meal. I love a Jim Beam on ice occasionally. But none of them are important enough to have all the time. And if push came to shove I could give them up. JUst like I did cigarettes and other "things" more than half my life ago.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:00 PM

I can take it or leave it. I have a few beers on a weekend if I'm not working and a glass of wine now and then.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Could other posters give up alcohol?
Why would you want to? It's a pleasure worth savouring, though I sometimes go for a week or more without a drink, I would not want to give it up, especially on a hot summer's day there is nothing like a cold beer to two.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:46 PM

I enjoy a glass of wine with a meal and would not want to give it up unless, as others have said, it was harmful to my health. Several years ago my doctor told me that a glass of red wine is good for the heart - that's a good enough reason for me as I do enjoy a glass of Shiraz.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:02 PM

I have two G&Ts per day, if a doctor advised me to stop I would. I'd find giving up chocolate much harder.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:04 PM

I don't imbibe so I don't need to go without.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:41 PM

I could but would feel guilty, some one has to keep the Scottish Economy buoyant.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:45 PM

I enjoy a glass of wine at times, and other times a cold glass of beer. No hard alcohol, I can't get it past my nose before it gets to my lips.

Could I give it up? Of course. I can make an utter fool of myself while completely sober.

However, there are a few who say, "Give that girl a glass of something, would ya?"

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top