Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Re: French Fishermen Threaten to stop UK Exports

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Russia didn't. We didn't.

I think that says a lot about national identities.
Britain and russia have similar identities, is what it says. Boris is a russian name, isn't it?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
IBoris has certainly started things moving since taking over!

Regards Donkeyman!
What do you mean? You were granted this extension to ratify the deal. You spoiled most of the time. Now get on with it, and use the time for what it was granted for.
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...-on-extension/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 11:34 AM

Perhaps he did, but I think he knows that the writing is on the wall now.

Public feelings are, I believe, now even more in favour of our getting out of Hotel California, despite Project Fear. That is no doubt why he is making all the right noises now.

He is also aware that if he doesn't achieve Brexit, the Conservative party will be history and, of course, Nigel is waiting in the wings to take over.

Exactly JBR. Look, after three long years, there are very few of us will be fooled by any politician ever again. That includes Boris.

After all, Boris was Treason May's Foreign Secretary for two years during her treacherous reign, so it must be obvious he knew a lot more than he is letting on. One does not sit at the cabinet table during all that time without nodding his head in agreement at some of the proposals being put forward in that withdrawal agreement, even though he resigned in the end after having his nose put out of joint during the Chequers meeting.

Boris however, is now the one in the power seat, he is all we have to fulfil the people's decision for Brexit, so we have no choice other than to fully support him in his plan to leave.

Personally, I don't care whether he has the reputation of Rasputin, three heads and two tails, as long as he is true to his word and we are out on 31st October, do or die, I have to have belief in him. Unfortunately, if a General Election comes along before the 31st, I will also have to vote for him instead of Nigel because it is only Boris who has the power to get us out.

I know I am stating "the bleedin obvious" but there you have it. COME ON BORIS!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Exactly JBR. Look, after three long years, there are very few of us will be fooled by any politician ever again. That includes Boris.

After all, Boris was Treason May's Foreign Secretary for two years during her treacherous reign, so it must be obvious he knew a lot more than he is letting on. One does not sit at the cabinet table during all that time without nodding his head in agreement at some of the proposals being put forward in that withdrawal agreement, even though he resigned in the end after having his nose put out of joint during the Chequers meeting.

Boris however, is now the one in the power seat, he is all we have to fulfil the people's decision for Brexit, so we have no choice other than to fully support him in his plan to leave.

Personally, I don't care whether he has the reputation of Rasputin, three heads and two tails, as long as he is true to his word and we are out on 31st October, do or die, I have to have belief in him. Unfortunately, if a General Election comes along before the 31st, I will also have to vote for him instead of Nigel because it is only Boris who has the power to get us out.

I know I am stating "the bleedin obvious" but there you have it. COME ON BORIS!

The whole point is he need to do exactly nothing. In international law it is fixed that after october 31 all treaties between EU and UK are void. You have then wasted 7 months in which you could have been free.

If anything, boris need to stop chosen representatives of the people using democratic means to stop brexit.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The whole point is he need to do exactly nothing. In international law it is fixed that after october 31 all treaties between EU and UK are void. You have then wasted 7 months in which you could have been free.

If anything, boris need to stop chosen representatives of the people using democratic means to stop brexit.
Whilst ignoring the peoples vote to leave Solly??
That is the thing that should take precedence over all else
in a real democracy, if our POSHOC had honoured that we
would have been out 18 months ago!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Whilst ignoring the peoples vote to leave Solly??
That is the thing that should take precedence over all else
in a real democracy, if our POSHOC had honoured that we
would have been out 18 months ago!

Regards Donkeyman!
That's not what I am saying. The EU was prepared for you leaving on march 29. It was solely by actions from the UK that an extension was achieved.
Now again a leaving date has been set. If the UK does nothing, it will simply leave. But it seems that again the british themselves are revolting.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 02:01 PM

I don't really care what they want. It certainly didn't give the majority of voters what we want.
That was my question JBR, WHY did they vote it down
when it satisfied what they were asking for?

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2019, 02:12 PM

That was my question JBR, WHY did they vote it down
when it satisfied what they were asking for?

Regards Donkeyman!
Well donks, that is not so difficult to gather. When they voted the deal down, they were still assuming/believing the tales they had been told by boris and nigel. In other words, they still thought they could have their cake.
By now they have come to new insights, dreams have been confronted by realities. You can't blame them for that, look at how much difficulty you yourself have to come to grips with the reality of brexit.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 03:55 PM

Solly, we know your feelings regarding Referendums.
but we feel differently here. The results of a referendum in the UK is as sacrosanct as that of a general election. If the result does not go the way of the government's liking as it appears to do in the Netherlands, we don't assume it is not binding and then ban referendums, (and I am not saying that disrespectfully, just as I see it) Here, we expect the result to be fully respected and implemented without ado, just as we would have if the Remain vote had won. They would have been the first to expect it too.

As for it all being the UK's fault. I cannot argue with you that we have had (and still have) the most incompetent, useless politicians I have known in all my voting years, but there is nothing I nor anyone else can do about it. We have to place our trust in Boris to get us out. It is pointless laying blame any more. What is done is done. We can't undo it (although the buggers are still trying their best).

However, please do not try to place all the blame on this side of the water. It is so obvious that delaying tactics by the EU have been in evidence since the ref result, with every excuse, accusation, delaying tactic, and plotting with Varadakar by interfering with the Irish border and the Good Friday Agreement, simply hoping upon hope that Remainers would be successful in overturning the result of the referendum in the meantime.

It is the above that is an AFFRONT to democracy.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Well donks, that is not so difficult to gather. When they voted the deal down, they were still assuming/believing the tales they had been told by boris and nigel. In other words, they still thought they could have their cake.
By now they have come to new insights, dreams have been confronted by realities. You can't blame them for that, look at how much difficulty you yourself have to come to grips with the reality of brexit.
The MAJORITY of us, including me, have no problem with
the realities of brexit as you call them Solly!
Any so called reality is acceptable as long as we are finally
and completely OUT!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top