Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Look Grandad you had your turn you are the supporting act now .
Children need firstly unconditional love .
Give him that and he will always remember you with the same .
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He will do things in his time, not yours, you won't be popular if you pressurise him.
My popularity is of low concern. The wellbeing of others comes first. (Particularly when it comes to such a young child.)

I guess that what makes me one helluva guy!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Look Grandad you had your turn you are the supporting act now .
Children need firstly unconditional love .
Give him that and he will always remember you with the same .
I refuse to give up on my grandson whilst I'm still breathing.

He won't remember me. But that isn't important. He is!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I refuse to give up on my grandson whilst I'm still breathing.

He won't remember me. But that isn't important. He is!
I wonder how you would have felt if your's and your wife's parents had tried to tell you how to bring your children up?
Gravitas
North England

19-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wonder how you would have felt if your's and your wife's parents had tried to tell you how to bring your children up?
If they had my wisdom and brilliant ideas on the issue, I would have welcomed them. As it was they didn't take any part in their upbringing. They were just THERE when we visited.

As for my own upbringing, I'd have been glad for some ****er to come up with a few decent ideas.

Three adult brothers and one only thought of teaching me to ride a bike when I was 14, for crying out loud.

I could have done with more "interference" (let's not be lowering the tone chaps).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:29 PM

I must say taught all my grandchildren to ride a bike .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Clarrrss comes into when it comes to speaking and being able to follow instructions.
Does it? I bet you say barth.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:49 PM

Definition of child 'experts' ...... grand parents and childless couples.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:28 AM

If they had my wisdom and brilliant ideas on the issue, I would have welcomed them. As it was they didn't take any part in their upbringing. They were just THERE when we visited.

As for my own upbringing, I'd have been glad for some ****er to come up with a few decent ideas.

Three adult brothers and one only thought of teaching me to ride a bike when I was 14, for crying out loud.

I could have done with more "interference" (let's not be lowering the tone chaps).
Oh come on Gravy, ,I doubt that you believe anybody has your wisdom & brilliant ideas!
Remember it isn't your child, or are you suggesting that you didn't pass enough wisdom to your daughter to make her able to decide how to bring her baby up? She could always ask you, if she had no idea!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:30 AM

a) I try not to sound as if I am "lecturing". But it is natural to pass on my wisdom in this matter - as one would do naturally when chatting.

b) Mum has mentioned how the little fella has angrily pulled her hair to get her attention. Not a good sign methinks.

Maybe to get a DNA check.

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top