Join for free
Page 5 of 26 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:25 PM

Re: Pub/Restaurant/Shop Etc. Says Loos Are For Customers Only. Is This Mean?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Good retort Morticia

Hey galty, give the girl a break.
And a hug for you ...

And one for Galty too if he wants one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Sorry Morty
You just cannot have it both ways.
What if you had been caught short outside that establishment and practically wetting your knickers I have complained about.
Would you be supporting their stance of the big notice on the door saying bog off.
Or would you be squealing and grunting and saying how ruddy mean they are?

I think I know which.

Cheers!

And by the way.
Of course I have complained to the council about all sorts of things.

Google Kenny Thain and you will see!

Anyway.
I am right now out dancing and boogying in Llandudno.
Stop winding me up!
How is it having it both ways?
I wouldn't expect any establishment to be keen on people just nipping in off the street ... any Tom, Dick or Harry ... I'd ask if I was really desperate and if they said no ... I'd hop off behind the nearest hedge.

Would you have a sign outside your own home advertising free toilet facilities for any passerby?
Maybe you'd allow someone in real dire straits .. but everyone?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-08-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->

Google Kenny Thain and you will see!
No! No! I fell for that one before and lost precious hours of my life.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Sorry I am on the side of the restaurant, its their staff that have to clean the toilets. I wouldn't dream of using a pub/restaurant toilet unless I was purchasing something.
I agree with you, Panda, The staff do have to clean their loos & if you go into a lot of public loos run by councils they are, not all, but most, extremely dirty. How the public can be so gross I don't know, but I've even seen supermarket loos bad too & those get looked at regularly. So yes, I can understand eating places not wanting the public in their loos willy nilly. If I had a resteraunt/cafe I'd have a sign too.
Having written all that, I have never seen a sign saying that anywhere around here. If I need to use a loo while out, I have a coffee & a toasted tea cake. Yum yum. Before I go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How is it having it both ways?
I wouldn't expect any establishment to be keen on people just nipping in off the street ... any Tom, Dick or Harry ... I'd ask if I was really desperate and if they said no ... I'd hop off behind the nearest hedge.

Would you have a sign outside your own home advertising free toilet facilities for any passerby?
Maybe you'd allow someone in real dire straits .. but everyone
?

I agree with you Morty, and I wouldn't dream of just going in off the street and asking a shop if I could use their loo, not unless I was ill or really desperate.

I agree with others who have said why should they be expected to supply 2 sets of loos with soap and water, hand towels/ electric hand dryers, all for free to non-customers?

Where would it end? People going in with half a dozen kids?
Youngsters on school holidays piling in messing about, perhaps a mini bus or coach even?

I think if they have a loo for customers, that's great and should be much appreciated because round here, a lot of places don't even have that! A lot of loo's are for 'Staff Only.'
So count your blessings if they have a customer loo, too.

Ordinary shoppers off the street only trying to use a shop's toilet . . . . bloomin' cheek.

Like others have said, insist on more council loos, it is ridiculous them shutting so many down.

It needs the local MP's and councillors to get took short and can't find a loo a few times for them to understand the problem!
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Their toilets, their rules.

Just a thought, should a non customer have an accident in the toilets would the be insured?

I work in a lot of retail premises. The public often ask to use the toilets. I always refuse, for several reasons.
The toilets are not in a public area so insurance is a problem.
The toilets are often close to staff rooms and stuff has gone missing.
The toilets have sometimes been left in a disgusting state.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:03 PM

Surely you can just nip home and use your own loo Boozy? Has to be better than using a public one.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:23 PM

Maybe we should all go back to wearing nappies!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:50 PM

if there is one thing that the brits lurv discussin it's loos and the right to privacy - this has been a fascinating look into the privvy lives of the brits again - in OZ? - just use the nearest tree! they're all free!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Surely you can just nip home and use your own loo Boozy? Has to be better than using a public one.
Actually Annie Wifey and I have never used their loos at all.
We have never had coffee or cake there.
We live only a 15 minute walk away.
The place does not come out of it all that good in Trip Advisor at all for reasons other than not letting none customers use the bog.
I am just trying to stick up for our Brothers and Sisters and their kids and tourists who might just need a loo rather desperately.
This against a mean minded selfish establishment who do not have the decency to allow none customers to use the loo if desperate.
Still.
Once I get a reply from them, I will post it here.
And then I will contact the media.
I tell ya folks.
There is a lot more traction in this yet!

And yes.
Twice now we have offered and allowed someone with kids to use the loo in our home.
Didn’t charge them a penny!

Page 5 of 26 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top