Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:03 AM

Re: Boarding Kennels

Realspeed
I only used them as it was an emergency and the dog buddy had numerous good revewis .
I met him prior to leaving my dog with him and he came for a walk with my dog .
He emailed me everyday to say how my dog had settled in and how it was going
Normally my dog stays with my son when I am away but on this occasion they were away for four days while I was overseas .
Maybe they are not licenced
There are lots of companies like Dog Buddy that do this surely someone would have jumped on them if it were illegal?
Anyway it was just a suggestion .
People must make their own choices .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:21 AM

What they actually offer is a contact with people who are willing to look after other peoples dogs and that is all, nothing else as far as i can tell which as i have already said is not illegal.
What is illegal is boarding for money without a licence and people who do that should be bought to justice

Would you buy food from a shop that was not licenced and inspected, or stay in a hotel that didn't bother to make sure it was run properly and without proper certification? i don 't think so
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 12:42 AM

Just looked up their small print

If you are a Dog Sitter, you agree to the following in respect of any Dog Sitter Services you supply:
Dog Sitter Services shall be supplied using reasonable skill and care, particularly in relation to the dog's accommodation and welfare.
Dog Sitter Services shall be in accordance with applicable law (including applicable tax regulations, dog boarding regulations and that any required licenses are obtained) and with any agreement reached between you and the Dog Owner.
You shall keep a register containing a description of any dogs received into your care, date of arrival and departure, and the name and address of the Dog Owner.
You shall keep all dogs on a lead in public areas unless in a zone where specifically permitted to walk dogs off a lead.

So you are quite right about the licence .
I'm afraid I didn't ask to see it as I didnt know you needed one .
I will if there is ever a next time .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 02:16 AM

Muddy
You are not the first and won't be the last who didn't know. As I said I worry about people going blindly into an unlicenced home boarding property and more so the pets.

Don't forget it was my business to know the law regarding boarding pets

It is disgusting that companies like this don't make it clear in large print, the reason being most home boarders are not licenced and the companies would loose a lot of commission.

I have to add that if I found one of these places i would straight away inform the authorities, not only not having a licence but sure is eggs is eggs tax evasion as well so would also inform the inland revenue
It has nothing to do with the industry we were in just concerned about animal welfare
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 06:49 AM

Thanks everyone for the advise,

All sitters registered with DogBuddy,are deemed self employed,and as such,they are responsible for complying,with the regulations of their local council.
As the process of issuing such license,varies,considering ,depending on location .

Thanks for that Muddy,I found a dog buddy near me,so will be sending her a email,regarding my dogs,I like the idea,of a home environment ,my jack,hated kennels,in the past and was extremely stressed...I don't want to put him through that experience again,..but what else can I do,it is such a difficult time .and I can't put this visit off,so depending on dog buddy license,I may have no alternative ,than to put him in kennels.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-08-2018, 06:01 PM

Just remember what they don't cover which is in an earlier post of mine
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:12 PM

In the end,I found a lovely lady,advertising in my local vets,just been to see her,lovely lady,she has 3 jack Russell's herself,jack fitted in perfectly with her dogs,massive fenced in garden,she also walks them for a mile and a half each day she lives in the village I was born in,full of walks and countryside,..my son is going to look after Rosie...thank you Realspeed for all the information ,that you kindly posted.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:59 PM

I think all kennels vary , but my nephew's dog does have to have kennel cough vaccine done. Before you decide on a kennel look up the reviews and peoples comments first ,to see how good they are.Do you really need to put your dog in boarding kennels?you havent much time
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-08-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I think all kennels vary , but my nephew's dog does have to have kennel cough vaccine done. Before you decide on a kennel look up the reviews and peoples comments first ,to see how good they are.Do you really need to put your dog in boarding kennels?you havent much time

Hi deylon,yes I have to find somewhere,in just under a week,
I am having a operation,my surgeon wants me in next Wednesday,if you read my post above,I have found a lovely lady,he doesn't have to have kennel cough injection,I am just pleased,I found her so soon.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

08-08-2018, 09:11 PM

pauline3

Peak time now and all the good kennels will have been booked up for months, any still with space I would be wary of. The kennels we use we book as soon as they take the following years bookings around October time.
That is when we will be booking for march next year

The woman you found is fully licenced I trust ,after all the advise given on here, and also not a tax avoidance person

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top