Join for free
Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 06:27 AM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Hi

Brexit is just one issue, it may be good, it may be bad.

The issue for me is our Politicians, no forward planning, more interested in themselves than the rest of us.

They are a sorry bunch and have been for decades.

The present bunch, on both sides, are an example of how badly we are served.

We should have been as powerful as Germany and France in the EU, we should have a working NHS and Public Services, the trains should run on time and at reasonable cost, the 5th biggest economy in the World yet things are a shambles and the ordinary worker has not shared in the wealth and prosperity.

A plague on them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 07:06 AM

You just have to put up with it, when you allow someone else to do the bidding.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Spotty I wish you would not talk in riddles why don't you post in an understandable way ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Well,

I've had enough now.
This country must be the laughing stock of the world and it will only get worse with the pc pandering nonsense and balless leaders.

We have decided that we won't be retiring in the UK.

The wife is Slovak, we may go there or possibly Hungary.
Two countries who at least are proud of their culture / heritage and refuse to accept any cobblers from the EU / Islam, or economic migrants.

The Government have finally managed to beat out of me the last bit of patriotism I had left.
We do not want to be in this country any more. It won't happen for a few years yet, but we are off!!

Good for you mate. I'm pleased for you both.

I have spent years defending this country (Mrs LD has always fancied moving abroad) but I think you are doing the right thing. Sadly, our last move was probably the last, we should have gone then, so I fear we are stuck here now unless we win the Euro Millions.

Of course, you are not alone; there are about a thousand people leaving Britain every day to live abroad. If you read articles on it, they always give the 'weather' as the main reason but we all know it's not that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:34 AM

I fell genuinely sad with all your thoughts; dissatisfactions and who are we [ciderman; bruce ] to argue - we made our choices and luckily they worked out well?

but I watch "escape to the country" regularly and although I now couldn't afford many of the prices those places usually far away from cities and often embedded either on the west coasts or east coasts seem ideal - and i would still be happy to purchase if I could as a second home. Although we all have dual nationalities I still have family and strongish ties in UK. I do not doubt any of your criticisms at all and enjoy being on this site BECAUSE it is still British and not foreign!!

Personally after reading tomes of EU stuff over the years I would tend to go Brexit - I think UK is capable of going it alone but like you all I do wonder about the strength of the current politicians.

But between the lines I do from time to time see some very good loyal residents of UK from many other countries - having families ; owning homes ; having jobs and very proud to call Britain home - and I think the are sometimes the silent minority who get forgotten in the crossfire.

I think if I came back I would want to head for Devon or Cornwall; [NOT my native Liverpoo] ; or Scotland or Wales - anywhere away from large urbanized settings. Brits I think can survive in rural England - new immigrants no so easily?
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

13-08-2018, 09:48 AM

I love the UK but for me I hate the winters so live in Spain for the worst 6 months. Can't stand all the greedy, lying politicians either.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Devon and Cornwall cost an arm and a leg .
Ok for wealthy retirees as there is not much work down that end .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Devon and Cornwall cost an arm and a leg .
Ok for wealthy retirees as there is not much work down that end .
My house is worth £115,000 here, a similar house in Devon or Cornwall is £275,000, my house is only small too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I fell genuinely sad with all your thoughts; dissatisfactions and who are we [ciderman; bruce ] to argue - we made our choices and luckily they worked out well?

but I watch "escape to the country" regularly and although I now couldn't afford many of the prices those places usually far away from cities and often embedded either on the west coasts or east coasts seem ideal - and i would still be happy to purchase if I could as a second home. Although we all have dual nationalities I still have family and strongish ties in UK. I do not doubt any of your criticisms at all and enjoy being on this site BECAUSE it is still British and not foreign!!

Personally after reading tomes of EU stuff over the years I would tend to go Brexit - I think UK is capable of going it alone but like you all I do wonder about the strength of the current politicians.

But between the lines I do from time to time see some very good loyal residents of UK from many other countries - having families ; owning homes ; having jobs and very proud to call Britain home - and I think the are sometimes the silent minority who get forgotten in the crossfire.

I think if I came back I would want to head for Devon or Cornwall; [NOT my native Liverpoo] ; or Scotland or Wales - anywhere away from large urbanized settings. Brits I think can survive in rural England - new immigrants no so easily?
There are some lovely places here in Devon and Cornwall but sometimes the traffic is as bad as London. A lot of people from the SE are moving to Devon & Cornwall which causes problems locally. I know, I am one of them. The overcrowding in London and surrounding areas is having a knock-on effect.

They have just built a couple of hundred new homes here but we only have one doctors surgery.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Well,

I've had enough now.
This country must be the laughing stock of the world and it will only get worse with the pc pandering nonsense and balless leaders.

We have decided that we won't be retiring in the UK.

The wife is Slovak, we may go there or possibly Hungary.
Two countries who at least are proud of their culture / heritage and refuse to accept any cobblers from the EU / Islam, or economic migrants.

The Government have finally managed to beat out of me the last bit of patriotism I had left.
We do not want to be in this country any more. It won't happen for a few years yet, but we are off!!
I think you are making a very wise decision, Fend, and I admire you for it.

In some ways I'd like to do the same, but I think we are too old for that now and set in our ways. In addition, Marge's mother is knocking on now and I know that Marge would not want to leave her. She goes over to visit her every two or three weeks.

I can see many more people following your lead, and for the reasons you give. Nothing to do with Brexit, but the country is going to the dogs in many different ways and has been for some time now. This is entirely due to mismanagement; we just don't have competent politicians these days.

I can imagine the country suffering as time goes by and, although there will be those who blame it on Brexit, they are wrong. It is the fault of our government. It's a shame because I am absolutely sure that with the right leadership we could be far better off than we are now.

Anyway, when you do emigrate there is no reason why you can't continue to remain a member of OFF, and I'm sure that I am not the only person who would miss you.

Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top