Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 12:18 PM

Do you use your local Library?

I go to my local Library quite often sometimes to go online but also to borrow books. I have allways been an avid reader from childhood and being a member of the library meant l could have books for free. These days l find it hard to find books l enjoy l am tierd of books based in WWll wich are usually romances. I eagerly anticipate each years new books but find few I like. Still at least I can allways return any books l don't like. Buy one from ashop and I am stuck with it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: Do you use your local Library?

No it has more computers than books, Amazon offers so many free kindle books I'll never read them all before I die so I download them.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Our library has been closed for nearly two years now, as they found asbestos in the roof during renovations.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Libraries are fantastic!

If I see a new book I like the look of and it's only available in hardback and is a tenner on kindle I'll order it from my local library and hey presto!
It only takes a week or two to arrive, I get an email, and it's mine for a month! Brilliant.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 02:54 PM

I use ours regularly, I always get three or four books out at a time and then I'm sure that I'll enjoy at least one of them!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 02:57 PM

I haven't been to our library since it moved to a new site, years ago. I get my books from book shops or charity shops or car boot sales now.
There is nothing like holding a book in your hands, the smell, the printing, the pictures if it has any & the weight. I never want a kindle.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 03:22 PM

I think it was a couple of years ago that I last visited my local library.
It was only because I thought that they were going to start loaning out ebooks that I could download.
Wrong. I had been mislead. The library's in my area were not going to do so.
One of the other large library's has closed down, and my local one had reduced the selection of books,
I have been reading ebooks long before the kindle came about, on different devices.
I now own 2 kindles. I have 296 books in 'cloud' and at present 79 on the kindle that I am using.
Every day I am sent a selection of free books from Amazon, that I can select the ones I fancy and download.
If they are not a good read, then I just delete them, but they still stay in ' cloud'.
I also have a couple of CDs that contain a few thousand books and not just classics.
I find it difficult to read a tree book now. As I have no need.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Just to add that I can order/reserve a book from my library online.
Takes about 10 seconds.
Just ordered The Wonder by Emma Donoghue, it's radio 4 's book at bedtime. I'm the 6th in the Q...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I haven't been to our library since it moved to a new site, years ago. I get my books from book shops or charity shops or car boot sales now.
There is nothing like holding a book in your hands, the smell, the printing, the pictures if it has any & the weight. I never want a kindle.
You'd probably love our local Book Barn, it has over a million books in it and smells wonderful! Most books are £1 each! Some lovely vintage ones.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You'd probably love our local Book Barn, it has over a million books in it and smells wonderful! Most books are £1 each! Some lovely vintage ones.
Sounds my kind of shop, TessA. Guess its not near me though?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top