Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 05:18 AM

Holiday scheme or scam?

Has anyone signed up for a holiday scheme which may have been a scam, i.e. a holiday which was seemingly a genuine offer but may have turned out to be a disaster?
In hindsight, was it a well thought out operation put together by a team of 'hustlers' - a very pleasant rep, a very shrewd accountant and a desirable hotel facade which you do not, in fact, receive?

I may be a victim of this. I'll explain more about it later.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 05:31 AM

Re: Holiday scheme or scam?

The way to defeat the scam business is always always always pay by credit card. That way you will always have redress, so avoid any offer that demands payment by any other method. Job done.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 05:51 AM

Mastercard (or debit card) wouldn't work the same then, Barry?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mastercard (or debit card) wouldn't work the same then, Barry?
Debit card has no protection, it has to be a credit card such as Mastercard, Amex etc.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Debit card has no protection, it has to be a credit card such as Mastercard, Amex etc.
Hmmm oh dear.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

24-07-2017, 07:20 AM

Hmmm oh dear.
That doesn't sound good Floyd....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Floydy, where did you find this holiday and how did you book it? Have you paid a deposit or the whole amount?

I have seen many progs on TV about these scams and you need to get the right advice to have any chance of getting any money back.

This site may give some guidance!

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/acc...on-fraud-aug11
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Scams have become so sophisticated these days, it's easy to fall for them. Hope your holiday turns out to be ok though Floydy.

We always book with one of the well known travel companies but nothing to say things can't go wrong with them too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 08:54 AM

If booking a villa, do a Google search of the property, make sure it truly is the one booked, and not an image taken off the internet.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 09:02 AM

Has anyone signed up for a holiday scheme which may have been a scam, i.e. a holiday which was seemingly a genuine offer but may have turned out to be a disaster?
In hindsight, was it a well thought out operation put together by a team of 'hustlers' - a very pleasant rep, a very shrewd accountant and a desirable hotel facade which you do not, in fact, receive?

I may be a victim of this. I'll explain more about it later.
Weren't going to Sandals were you?

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/arti...ntigua-closure

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top