Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Re: To the Ladies - Hair Dye

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no idea why people dye their hair, it can't do it any good. I don't think the crazy colours some people use enhances their appearance one little bit.

The only time I dyed my hair was with a purple wash in wash out dye in 2005. I had a bet with our daughters that their father wouldn't notice if I dyed my hair purple. He came in from work, and about an hour later he looked at me and said, "There is something different about you, but I can't work out what!" I reckoned I had won the bet.
Because it looks nice on females, not so much on men.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 07:36 PM

My brunette hair has streaks of grey at the temples now so I do still dye it but...
Now that grey and silver hair is sooo on trend (even my 21 y o niece is grey!) I'm thinking of trying the silver-brunette ombré look

Like this but grey in different place

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	05066e18fc02db09fa2902e249f199d2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	6300  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Or this... (I wish!)
But it's being brave enough to let it grow through..

Name:	e6a7419203537f7dd183185da96f5702.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	6301  
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Go for it Rhian

I have and whilst I do sometimes wish I was still dark, Ive had complements on my hair colour, some youngsters not realising its my real hair colour and not believing Im old enough
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

27-06-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Go for it Rhian

I have and whilst I do sometimes wish I was still dark, Ive had complements on my hair colour, some youngsters not realising its my real hair colour and not believing Im old enough
Eeek!

Good for you though Missy, I bet you look fab
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Go for it Rhian
Ditto. Silver is so in style but your silver will be the kind earned not bought.

I grew in my silvers and it’s been almost 3 years since I hennaed it so I have an ombré. It’s silver and cherry cola red at the bottom. And ombré look really cool all twisted up in buns with two separate colours.

I quite like it. I’ve got more silver than this pic shows . This is an older pic.

Name:	404B1E2E-F09A-4735-B65E-7445656ECBB8.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	6302  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Your skin can suddenly start reacting for no reason. But in my case I react to ammonia. It's not an issue with my foil highlights because they don't touch the scalp and I think it's ammonia free. But I have had a bad experience with toner that contained ammonia. It's pretty scary when your scalp starts to itch and burn.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
My brunette hair has streaks of grey at the temples now so I do still dye it but...
Now that grey and silver hair is sooo on trend (even my 21 y o niece is grey!) I'm thinking of trying the silver-brunette ombré look

Like this but grey in different place
Go for it. I'm sure you will look just as glam Rhian if not more so.

It's funny but my mum dyed her hair a dark blonde for years. When her hair started falling out from it she decided to give it a break. If only she had realised years earlier what a beautiful snowy white colour she had. People ask her if she has put a rinse in. It's also really thick and healthy now so just goes to show what dyes do to your scalp.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Eeek!

Good for you though Missy, I bet you look fab
I probably don't

But tbh I was getting too many allergies from the dye, had been using dye from aged 13, first grey was found at 7, needed a dye aged 24

I like my hair now, It was hard growing the colours out and for our daughters wedding I had to have the grey touched in as I refused to have a full colour. And I don't mean this to be rude as I adore both ladies, but brides mother ( 2 years younger then me) and mother of the groom ( 6 years older) both had colours and they were both looking very harsh

My hair is softer and much more flyaway and I do need to blow dry it rather then throw some heat at it but it holds its style a lot better, doesn't get as lank looking and I can get away with not washing it for two days which was unheard of when I dyed it
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 06:45 AM

Enjoy having some colour in your hair while you have it....I hate being grey. My hairdresser laughs because I try unsuccessfully to put some colour in and she tells me people pay her to get my colour...we are never satisfied I suppose

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top