Join for free
Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Re: Thai boys found safe in cave

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
An outcome can never be ideal if a life is lost, but that man risked his life to save the lives of 13 people, and if you have read Ruthio's post, you will see that he is being honoured for what he did!

Lots of people die in wars, so are you suggesting that we should not applaud winning the battle, because a lot of brave men died in the process? I will always be thankful to the soldiers, who lost their lives in WW2, because they gave me a better life by winning their battle.
I am sure these children will also be grateful to those who saved their lives, including the man who died!

He has already been spoken of as an after-thought. Just a mere disposable "casualty of war" as you say.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
He has already been spoken of as an after-thought. Just a mere disposable "casualty of war" as you say.
That is not what i said and why do you think he is an after-thought..... you need to listen to some decent news reports?

I sense that you have been involved in events, where you were not always the priority, and that is why you think the way you do. Either that or you just like to stir up trouble
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:04 AM

That is not what i said and why do you think he is an after-thought..... you need to listen to some decent news reports?

I sense that you have been involved in events, where you were not always the priority, and that is why you think the way you do. Either that or you just like to stir up trouble

I think it’s both, he is very ‘look at me everyone, look at me trying to be contentious’
It’s sad really.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I think it’s both, he is very ‘look at me everyone, look at me trying to be contentious’
It’s sad really.
Yes it is sad Rehab, my objection is that he uses a thread like this to do it..... and spoils it for those who really care!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Yes it is sad Rehab, my objection is that he uses a thread like this to do it..... and spoils it for those who really care!
Of course our responses will excite him, and feed his ego.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:45 AM

The brave man will never be forgotten

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1806.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	6487  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

13-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The brave man will never be forgotten
That is very true Muddy! There were many people in those caves trying to save the children, and it would be tragic if any of them died. I think the loss of this man's life will be sad for all and he will always be highly regarded for what he did!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:16 PM

I don't know if the full story and all the details are of interest but I found it incredibly interesting and fascinating to read...

The full story of Thailand’s extraordinary cave rescue - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44791998
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 12:50 PM

I revisited the rescue last night as I watched a Smithsonian documentary based around the British diving team.

The 3D model that was contructed, using laser mapping, showed just how deep and complex the labyrinth was.

The BBC report (above) is entirely accurate except for one thing - the boys were not just "sedated" but "knocked-out" using drugs tailored for age and weight. The divers had to re-inject each boy at every "breathing-space.

Even in retrospect, the boys plight and the rescue remain harrowing but impressive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I revisited the rescue last night as I watched a Smithsonian documentary based around the British diving team.

The 3D model that was contructed, using laser mapping, showed just how deep and complex the labyrinth was.

The BBC report (above) is entirely accurate except for one thing - the boys were not just "sedated" but "knocked-out" using drugs tailored for age and weight. The divers had to re-inject each boy at every "breathing-space.

Even in retrospect, the boys plight and the rescue remain harrowing but impressive.
I didn't see the programme but that laser mapping is very impressive.

Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top