Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:14 PM

Re: Breakfast.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
What cereal would that be? Most are laden with sugars which would explain the crash and snack attacks.
Oatbran or shredded wheat with skimmed milk. No sugar in either and no `snack attacks`.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:15 PM

grilled bacon, poached/boiled/scrambled eggs, low sugar baked beans, mushroom cooked in a little oil and there you have it, your full english and leaves you satisfied. Shredded Wheat, Ready Brek, Weetabix, Scotts Porridge Oats are all low in sugar.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
grilled bacon, poached/boiled/scrambled eggs, low sugar baked beans, mushroom cooked in a little oil and there you have it, your full english and leaves you satisfied. Shredded Wheat, Ready Brek, Weetabix, Scotts Porridge Oats are all low in sugar.
No sausages, no black pudding, no fried slice/hash browns, How could you darlin'!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Thanks folks, i heard the same program Judd, and it resonated with my thoughts, so i am going to alter a few things to see what occurs.

At the moment im stating the day with yoghurt and a few walnuts or almonds, bt will find low GI fruit like cherries but bananas are a no no.

I do like porridge in winter, but need to find some cold porridge recipes for the summer.

Poached, boiled or scrambled eggs, can be good for me as a breakfast.

I rarely have a cooked breakfast, when i do its grilled not fried, and no hash browns, just not british im afraid.

May have to research what a Mediterranean brekkie comprise of.

Even Artisan bread is off my menu at the moment, im hoping that my tastebuds will allo me to enjoy bread again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:40 PM

Hi Nom,

I normally have Porridge made with water no sugar with a few Blueberries on top.

Or

Shredded wheat

or

Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

or

Poached eggs on top of fresh spinach.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:02 PM

Fridge oats are good Nom, put the porridge and milk in a bowl in the fridge before bed and they will be ready in the morning, add fruit and seeds

All the breakfasts Ive had on the med have been yoghurt, cheese, meats, cucumber and tomatoes and olives, sometimes hard boiled eggs or an omelette with peppers and onions with tea, usually black
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Am in Belfast. Went to St Georges market this morning and my pulled pork bap for breakfast - it was delicious!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Ta for the replies folks, i like the sound of poached eggs on spinach, and fridge oats, need to check out the GI of various seeds and blueberries, all adding to my change in my diet.
Im aimng to shed some weight, and also some medication in the long run.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ta for the replies folks, i like the sound of poached eggs on spinach, and fridge oats, need to check out the GI of various seeds and blueberries, all adding to my change in my diet.
Im aimng to shed some weight, and also some medication in the long run.
Nom, if you change your diet, it soon becomes your normal diet, so doing this through the summer will make it easier. Good luck with it !
You can get good recipe books for a GI diet too!
damon
New Member!
Australia
damon is male 

11-07-2018, 07:27 AM

Breakfast is very important for good health and fitness, it may be helpful and if you get what you eat right, it will certainly help with your blood sugar levels...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top