Join for free
Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:11 PM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

I know this is pie-in-the-sky thinking, but I really wish we could have Parliament dissolved, call a general election. have UKIP field a candidate in every single constituency, Have every person that is standing for election publicly state whether they believe in staying in or leaving. Those constituencies that voted to leave and have only a choice of Remain candidates would then be able to vote for UKIP. That way, anyone who is elected and stated that he/she believes in Leave and does not follow that line, should be deselected with immediate effect and replaced with a loyal MP prepared to follow the wishes of his/her constituents.

For too long now, MP's have forgotten that they are in there because of the people who elected them, they should abide by the wishes of their constituents, not their own self-interest.

Oh well, wishful thinking......
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly why I, and all other leavers, should definitely vote.

I don't agree with a second (or third or fourth) referendum, as the one we had was promised to be the one and only and legally binding.

The remainiacs have been trying all the underhand tricks they can think of, and our refusing to vote on principle would only give them what they want.

We must never give in to their despicable tricks.
There must NEVER be a second referendum! The people that made their way to the polling station to vote in the legal, democratic first referendum vote, would never forgive or accept a second referendum. Many would not vote again simply on principle. This of course, is what the Remainers are banking on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
There must NEVER be a second referendum! The people that made their way to the polling station to vote in the legal, democratic first referendum vote, would never forgive or accept a second referendum. Many would not vote again simply on principle. This of course, is what the Remainers are banking on.
Of course. As I have said, I'd make sure I voted but I realise that many wouldn't bother, which is why the remainiacs are trying to push this idea.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:03 PM

So if all you brexiteers are convinced on the need to leave Europe, why not have a referendum setting out the options of the negotiated deals on the table ?
"No Deal" "Single market access" "Custom union" ect. ect. plus a "Remain" option ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
So if all you brexiteers are convinced on the need to leave Europe, why not have a referendum setting out the options of the negotiated deals on the table ?
"No Deal" "Single market access" "Custom union" ect. ect. plus a "Remain" option ?
Are you remainiacs still desperately trying to wriggle out of accepting the democratic decision by attempting to split the vote?

Pathetic, and this has already been discussed on here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Hang on. I have a good idea for a second referendum. Four choices:

1. Leave.
2. Remain and accept open borders.
3. Remain and accept ECJ rulings.
4. Remain and accept everything they throw at us.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:57 PM

Hang on. I have a good idea for a second referendum. Four choices:

1. Leave.
2. Remain and accept open borders.
3. Remain and accept ECJ rulings.
4. Remain and accept everything they throw at us.
There are so many more options available for Leave aren't there ?
Why be so cantankerous ?

Give yourself a day off old timer, it's your birthday.....happy birthday.

Leave the future for the youngsters who it will affect to choose.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2018, 03:28 PM

There are so many more options available for Leave aren't there ?
There are indeed, and all but one of them are not what we voted for in the referendum.
Bruv
Kent UK

03-08-2018, 04:12 PM

There are indeed, and all but one of them are not what we voted for in the referendum.
Now I am confused................what exactly were the options ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Now I am confused................what exactly were the options ?
To leave or to remain.

There is only one 'leave'.

Anything less is remaining, at least in part.

Of course, you're not really confused are you? You're just stirring it.

Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top