Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 06:34 PM

You Tube Music Player

I found this app almost by accident...a song on my Google Play Music subscription offered me the chance of watching its video in the new You Tube Music Player app.

Now I'm one to stick with just one music player and I've subscribed to Google Play Music for as long as I can remember. It costs me £9.99 a month and plays pretty much everything.

But the You Tube music app is free as I already pay a subscription to Google; for those that don't there is a version with ads. I've been playing around with it and so far I really like it, it gives good recommendations for new music I might like and has a different colour scheme to the white and orange Google Play.

So far, my only gripe is that my 9000 or so songs that I uploaded to Google some years ago and ongoing aren't incorporated into my music so I'm basically starting a library from scratch but that might not be a bad thing. I still have my Play Music app and I can make this player more of a folk or rock oriented app. I can, of course, download anything for free for offline use. I found Roger McGuinn's excellent Live From Spain album which, until recently had been absent from any music players that I tried out. It doesn't have videos for every song and this feature can be disabled. Sound quality seems to be 320 kbps mp3.

I don't think that having 2 music players (with one that can play videos if I choose that option) will confuse me too much.

I would recommend it to anyone as an alternative to Spotify

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top