Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Hen Parties !

Going back to my journey home from Doncaster last Saturday - I was appalled by the behaviour of the women in the three hen parties. When I was in my teens/twenties females had more self respect and would not have been seen in public even slightly merry - never mind blind drunk. Hen parties - if they happened at all - were a quiet drink and a meal with friends - or - a private party in someone's home.

Those women left the train at York - so were, obviously, heading into town. They were wearing next to nothing, as drunk as skunks, and their language was disgusting. This was just after 3:00pm. Heaven alone knows what they would have been like by closing time. Who would they blame if anyone mugged/raped any of them?

Most of the decent restaurants will not allow hen parties any more and, recently, a lot of the pubs here have refused them admittance. They are loud, vulgar and objectionable - spoiling other people's evening out. Some Saturdays they rampage through the main shopping areas - drinking from cans - accosting people n the street for money and reacting violently if anyone says anything to them. Usually ends up with some of them sitting or lying in the gutter in pools of vomit.

What is wrong with these people?

Why has it suddenly become impossible to have a good time without being drunk?

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Hen Parties !

No good asking me Tabs, don't think I've ever been to a hen party in my life - not even my own!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:38 PM

It's a sign of the times I'm afraid. We're becoming a society of uneducated louts who have no respect for anyone or anything. This sort of behaviour is passed down to the next generation so see it as the normal way to behave.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:40 PM

What a terrifying thought, Judd!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:43 PM

Who knows the psyche of a Ladette?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:52 PM

At least it's heartening that romance is not dead and people are still getting married. They have several hen parties in Cardiff every weekend. It's very sweet and they are always very happy trotting about in their L plates and with their rabbit ears or devil horns.

In my day hen parties always included a male stripper. There was even one where we went to a show with lots of male strippers on stage (a hired limousine took us there). It really was the least sexy experience but a great laugh.

These events are a rite of passage so they may seem odd to outsiders but they are important to participants.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-07-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Who would want to, Spitty!! They were rough trade!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A ladette who commits to love, worship and adore (or is it obey?)???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No good asking me Tabs, don't think I've ever been to a hen party in my life - not even my own!
Me neither Mups.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-07-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
In my day hen parties always included a male stripper. There was even one where we went to a show with lots of male strippers on stage (a hired limousine took us there). It really was the least sexy experience but a great laugh.
Yuk! Can't imagine anything worse!

These events are a rite of passage so they may seem odd to outsiders but they are important to participants.
Not where I was brought up, Annie! Self respect and good manners ruled. Still - the world would be a boring old place if we were all the same.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top