Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 07:16 AM

Re: Digital doodles

Those are amazing, Mart.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's a program called Painnt (not 'Paint' that comes with Windows), available from the Windows Store. There is a free version but to get all the features it has to be paid for. There's another program called SuperPhoto that is similar but it doesn't have so many controls.

To draw shapes or pictures from scratch takes more learning and time. A drawing program such as Xara Photo and Graphic Designer or Inkscape is needed for this.
Excellent stuff mart. And thanks for the tips re programs.

I've never done anything half as creative and complex as this, but I do some subtle photo editing sometimes involving layers with a freebie prog called Paint.NET. That also does some interesting & fun tricks like my selfie avatar [seen larger in my profile] and the metalize effect I used on my trolleys HERE
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the comments. Another one based on Mrs Mart's recently completed brooch (see it in 'Other Leisure Activities')

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 05:01 PM

Strange i was just wondering if your two hobbies interact.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Strange i was just wondering if your two hobbies interact.
Just on the fringes maybe Nom. Mrs Mart often asks me to draw patterns for some of her projects, or design and print inserts for the greetings cards she makes. I don't think I've had a go before at using something she's made for my digital doodling though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

29-07-2018, 08:31 PM

Two more:

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Do you start with a photo Mart, or create from scratch, i recall playing with programs that did things like fractals on my Amiga.Yes im that old.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Do you start with a photo Mart, or create from scratch, i recall playing with programs that did things like fractals on my Amiga.Yes im that old.
Hello Nom - The Lancaster is a photo I took with effects (filters) applied.

The cube with clock faces is partly a photo and partly drawn. The clock face was cut out of a photo of a wall clock that we have. The cut-out clock face is put on top of a square that has been filled with a pattern. A drop shadow is added to the perimeter of the clock face for effect. Two copies are made of the finished article so that there are 3 squares with clocks in them.

One of the squares is given depth and angle using a 3D tool that comes with the drawing program. Once that's done, the other two squares are put inside 'envelopes' that allow the corners to be pushed and pulled about. It then becomes a case of pulling/pulling the corners of the two squares around so that they fit onto the top and side of the cube.

A background is added and the picture is finished.

There are some good fractal programs to be found. I sometimes use one called 'Apophysis'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

30-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Thanks for that, tremendous amount of work has gone into the clock. Are there shows / competitions for this kind of work ?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Xara Photo & Graphic Designer has it's own forum and gallery called 'Talk Graphics'. Work can be shown there and I have done so a few times.

When I look at some of the pictures people have created with the program, my efforts pale into insignificance. Putting my pictures against theirs makes me feel not very clever at all, so I don't do it all that often.

http://www.xara.com/uk/gallery/

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top