Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:50 AM

Taste Buds.

Have you found,yours have changed over the years?

Is there anything you eat now,that you wouldn't have touched,when you were younger?

I have a long list,to many to mention,a few,onions,fruit,avocado,tomatoes,etc..oh and mustard,horseradish.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Re: Taste Buds.

Yes - as a child the house rule was never refuse food until you have tried it - but I could never face cauliflower, cabbage and fish - other than chip shop fish and shellfish.

Now - apart from sprouts, spam and some offal - I will eat anything.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:59 AM

Oh mine changed very much from being a child, would not eat dinners, my mother was shocked when i moved here and i invited her down for dinner, gave a full roast with all the trimmings, also no longer have a sweet tooth.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Just five years ago i was addicted to CocaCola (the full fat stuff). I loved it and always has some when working, particularly if the weather was good. I never drink it now and the thought of it makes me feel a bit icky.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Oh mine changed very much from being a child, would not eat dinners, my mother was shocked when i moved here and i invited her down for dinner, gave a full roast with all the trimmings, also no longer have a sweet tooth.

I'm sure that's something I will never lose. I could virtually live on chocolate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:30 PM

I no longer enjoy sweet foods and if I do eat something sweet when out for a meal I wish I hadn't bothered
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 03:55 PM

I've also lost my taste for sweet things. More a savoury Gal now. I may just have a Time Out choc bar if have a rare yearning for chocolate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 05:35 PM

Can't say I have noticed any difference really.

Still like and dislike the same things I always have.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Took me years to learn to like olives, but I've managed it! Not wild about fish, especially if it arrives with the head on and as for tripe...... Ugh!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Took me years to learn to like olives, but I've managed it! Not wild about fish, especially if it arrives with the head on and as for tripe...... Ugh!
I love olives as do my grandchildren including the 15month old twins they eat anything ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top