Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:49 AM

Re: Post your People Pics here

Blimey, there's always one, but here it seems the majority don't approve, so I won't post anymore on this thread.

But I'm just posting a couple of links to Photographers I admire, and inspire me to do similar work in the winter months. Warning: you may find it shocking, even more personal than the above.

Spanish documentary maker in London Arnau Oriol ... note: you have to scroll the bottom bar sideways.

And Nick Turpin's London buses.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:02 AM

Interesting dOOd,but I'm so glad I don't have to travel on London Trains/Buses...Everyone looks so sad/angry/unhappy..doesn't Anyone in London ever smile/laugh?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Illegal dirt biker.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Interesting dOOd,but I'm so glad I don't have to travel on London Trains/Buses...Everyone looks so sad/angry/unhappy..doesn't Anyone in London ever smile/laugh?
The idea is to portray that fragile, lost look people have when looking through a window just because it's there right next to them, without really seeing anything. They're commuters who have seen the view a hundred times before.

The image is quite difficult to capture because most people are talking, laughing, reading, doing something other than looking at nothing.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Another thread spoiled, never mind dood thanks for trying.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
The idea is to portray that fragile, lost look people have when looking through a window just because it's there right next to them, without really seeing anything. They're commuters who have seen the view a hundred time before.

The image is quite difficult to capture because most people are talking, laughing, reading, doing something other than looking at nothing.
Ok.I was just kidding...That camera of Yours is very perceptive
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:24 AM

This is a difficult one. Some great shots there, I particularly like the one with the woman about to drop her coffee. I don't think there is anything creepy as such but I do think the subjects are entitled to their privacy. On the other hand if there was a crowd of people, it wouldn't seem so invasive.

My first thought was that anyone seeing themselves on here might complain. I don't know. Personally I don't think I would be happy to appear on a forum randomly. I have taken photographs of people in other countries but have always asked their permission first and even tipped them in some cases.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

29-07-2018, 11:28 AM

Perhaps the Forum Police should ask Admin' if any of the OFFs rules have been broken?...I Personally have no problem with this thread.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:49 AM

From about 1890:

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:57 AM

Well I thought it was a great idea, innocent enough, but I can see from some posts that I hadn't realised the implications. From a purely artistic point of view I can see what the photographers are trying to demonstrate, and I love it. Different faces and expressions, and there is wonder to be seen in a human face. Indeed, from birth we are programmed to identify a human face, we see faces in clouds, stains, and thousands of everyday things, this is not by accident, it is the first thing your eyes see when identifying a person, we seem to 'lock on' to a face......

Just like the cover of a book, we make a judgement on who the person is behind the face, are they friendly or aggressive? Should I approach them or should I avoid them? Where are they from? Have I met them or seen them before? We create a mental picture of the personality of the person wearing the face. And just like the cover of that book, we are rarely correct in our evaluation.....

I think it is a fascinating project d00d, and at the end of the day what is the likelyhood of anyone seeing themselves on here? Plus the fact that there are no other details referring to the face so no comebacks. But returning to the real world, there are a couple of limitations to be observed (by me at any rate) and that would be: No pictures of children, and providing that Azz has no objections to the occasional photos of random members of the public. Otherwise they will all be pictures of me.....
Like this.....

Where have those days gone........

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top