Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:25 PM

Really?

What is wrong with some people!

I think the people who dial 999 for such as this should be heavily fined! Talk about wasting police time.

So damn ridiculous.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...zza/ar-BBLj3VT
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Re: Really?

These types of calls,have been going on for a long time,LQ,..scratching my head,and wandering,what she was on!..absolutely ridiculous.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
These types of calls,have been going on for a long time,LQ,..scratching my head,and wandering,what she was on!..absolutely ridiculous.
magic mushrooms perhaps?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:41 PM

There was a case some time ago wherein a woman dialled 999 and asked for an ambulance because she had managed to break - her finger nail !!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:42 PM

It's a shame really because it makes it difficult when having to make a genuine call. A few years ago a woman was hit by a car and was lying in the road. I called for an ambulance and was asked so many questions I was starting to get annoyed. 'Is she hurt?' was one question. 'I don't really know but she's been hit by a car and is lying in the road moaning, so I doubt she is feeling at her best.' I was beginning to wish someone else had called instead.

In the end I said 'Look, I'm not a doctor so it's your call if you send someone or not.' She did.

Idiots ringing up about pizzas and eggs should be charged for the call at a premium rate.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was a case some time ago wherein a woman dialled 999 and asked for an ambulance because she had managed to break - her finger nail !!!
thats even worse!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
What is wrong with some people!

I think the people who dial 999 for such as this should be heavily fined! Talk about wasting police time.

So damn ridiculous.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...zza/ar-BBLj3VT
I agree!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:12 PM

Strangely enough I dialled 999 on Sunday evening . I was driving and friend was with me , doing 60 mph on dual carriageway when a tractor pulling a huge round heavy trailer ( the type they muckspread with ) pulled in front from a lane , feet in front of me , such a shock , then started swaying across the road from either side , almost out of control , I told my friend call police now , he's either drunk or drugged , there was no number plate on the back , we were giving police all directions as we followed well back as he rocked and swayed either side of road , by some miracle the road was quiet towards us but traffic building up behind me as I slowed right down . I used arm signals to slow the traffic behind as they must have seen the danger , had anyone tried to overtake they would have gone into this heavy farm machinery . We followed for 7 mins while talking to police , he turned into a lane and we followed , he saw us and pulled over , too scared to stop we passed him. I turned right and he went opposite , we tried to find him minutes later but he'd gone into hiding as there were lots of lanes . We lost him sadly . Minutes later police came in opposite direction and raised their hands to us . We haven't heard anything so he obviously got off road . He must have been drunk or other , we were with him for ages keeping traffic back . It was dangerous driving taken to the limit .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Strangely enough I dialled 999 on Sunday evening . I was driving and friend was with me , doing 60 mph on dual carriageway when a tractor pulling a huge round heavy trailer ( the type they muckspread with ) pulled in front from a lane , feet in front of me , such a shock , then started swaying across the road from either side , almost out of control , I told my friend call police now , he's either drunk or drugged , there was no number plate on the back , we were giving police all directions as we followed well back as he rocked and swayed either side of road , by some miracle the road was quiet towards us but traffic building up behind me as I slowed right down . I used arm signals to slow the traffic behind as they must have seen the danger , had anyone tried to overtake they would have gone into this heavy farm machinery . We followed for 7 mins while talking to police , he turned into a lane and we followed , he saw us and pulled over , too scared to stop we passed him. I turned right and he went opposite , we tried to find him minutes later but he'd gone into hiding as there were lots of lanes . We lost him sadly . Minutes later police came in opposite direction and raised their hands to us . We haven't heard anything so he obviously got off road . He must have been drunk or other , we were with him for ages keeping traffic back . It was dangerous driving taken to the limit .

Good job he didn't have the spreader switched on Susan darlin' - you have had some 'fertilizer' sprayed in your direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cpfDiUMqo
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:17 PM

Uncle Joe , I know I kept saying that to my friend !

Still annoyed we lost him though

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top