Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:26 PM

I strongly recommend " Selena"

This film is the true life story of Selena, the Tejano Mexican -American music star, played by Jennifer Lopez.

For those who love good music, true life films, and romance, Selena is hard to beat.

Selena did not just break the barriers, she shattered them.

She flashed across the night sky like a blazing comet, and then ….

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selena-selena-quintanilla-perez-16429257-313-500.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	6759  
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 12:36 AM

Re: I strongly recommend " Selena"

Jay-Lo...a legend!! Wott?? You gotta be jokin' man LOLOL!!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Leg-end.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Please re-read my O.P. I did not say J-Lo was a legend. Or anyone else for that matter.

I was talking about the REAL SELENA.

I sometimes wonder if people ACTUALLY READ posts ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
This film is the true life story of Selena, the Tejano Mexican -American music star, played by Jennifer Lopez.

I will keep an eye out for it. Mind you, she sounds like one of those damn immigrants.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 03:43 AM

AFAIK, Selena's life may have been short (she was shot, aged 23, by an associate) but, regionally (Texas/Mexico), she was, apparently, a massive social influence. I'm not interested in the movie but I'll try the music .....
bakerman
Mexico

12-08-2018, 04:08 AM

Omah, I really wish you had not given away the ending. Kinda spoils it for other people.
bakerman
Mexico

12-08-2018, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I will keep an eye out for it. Mind you, she sounds like one of those damn immigrants.

Wrong ! Selena Quintanilla's family had lived in the United States for many generations. As far as I'm concerned, she and her family were every bit as much American as me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 04:20 AM

Omah, I really wish you had not given away the ending. Kinda spoils it for other people.
Well, Selena's death is not a film "twist" - it is a fact - on March 31, 1995, Selena was shot and killed by Yolanda Saldívar, her friend and former manager of her Selena Etc. boutiques.

The film was released on March 21, 1997.

There's no secret .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 05:50 AM

I sometimes wonder if people ACTUALLY READ posts ?
Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Wrong ! Selena Quintanilla's family had lived in the United States for many generations. As far as I'm concerned, she and her family were every bit as much American as me.
I wrote, "She sounds like..." I didn't say she was. I sometimes wonder if people ACTUALLY READ posts ? Do try to keep up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top