Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:58 AM

Re: Running away - again

Must get back to the Lakes sometime. I used to do a lot of walking there and loved it. But I'm considering running away for a week to Mallorca as there are some really cheap flights at the moment...Trying to persuade myself that it might be a bit too self-indulgent, but not sure I'm convinced...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Enjoy George....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 01:19 PM

Have a good time George I understand the weather is going to improve and it should be nice and quiet there at this time of year..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 01:33 PM

Have a great time George, I hope the weather is kind for you....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 05:52 PM

*sobs*. Everyone's running away... wahhhhhh!!!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Fed up, so we're running away for a few days. Nowhere special, just down to the Lake District.
We told our girls we were going, only to find that younger daughter + partner were running off to Valencia for a festival, and elder daughter is going to Seoul to speak at a conference.
Cumbria will just have to do us till later in the year!
If it's the Las Fallas in Valencia it's 15th to 19th of March this year GW.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...w=1366&bih=643

We've been to Valencia twice, once to the Las Fallas Museum so we'd love to see the real thing! stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
*sobs*. Everyone's running away... wahhhhhh!!!!!

No Jan darlin' - I'm still here.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:20 PM

Have a nice time George.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 01:34 PM

Yay! Me too. Just booked a last minute coach holiday with Shearings, leaving this Monday! Of to Weymouth.

Yes, weather looks dodgy, but I'm going stir crazy and I thought, might as well do that in a seaside resort hotel. Also feeling a bit down, with no-one to talk to. My mood does lift when it sees the sea!

I want to go to that area in the summer, spending more time. I want to check the route, the area, the town, transport links, and find a Tourist Info office, and collect as much data as I can.

Oh, and nothing is planned/booked/reserved for next week, so had better make the most of it. New computer classes could start at any time, leaving me no spare time for 8-10 weeks.

I'll still be about. Am taking iPad and iPhone and will tether the two, providing strong enough signal.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yay! Me too. Just booked a last minute coach holiday with Shearings, leaving this Monday! Of to Weymouth.

Yes, weather looks dodgy, but I'm going stir crazy and I thought, might as well do that in a seaside resort hotel. Also feeling a bit down, with no-one to talk to. My mood does lift when it sees the sea!

I want to go to that area in the summer, spending more time. I want to check the route, the area, the town, transport links, and find a Tourist Info office, and collect as much data as I can.

Oh, and nothing is planned/booked/reserved for next week, so had better make the most of it. New computer classes could start at any time, leaving me no spare time for 8-10 weeks.

I'll still be about. Am taking iPad and iPhone and will tether the two, providing strong enough signal.

Please Jan darlin' - do be careful and don't go over-exerting yourself. Ask for help lifting your suitcase in and out of the 'boot' of the coach. The steps into the coach are generally quite steep, so there again, please be careful and if need be, ask someone to help you up and down again when boarding and alighting from the coach.

I know you are positively going to hate this suggestion, but taking a walking stick with you might be of some considerable help to you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top