Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 03:22 PM

Re: Texting

I hardly use my mobile phone but there have been times when it has been very useful. A break down on a dark, country road, a delay of two hours at a train station are two occasions that spring to mind. Mine is very basic, not smart at all...... it was a hoot when the OH got one! He grumped and raged around the house until Our son in law gave him a crash course.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 05:47 PM

I'm far to far behind with recent technology that I'l never catch up.
I'm not sure that I want or need to. Nurse Gillian does it all for me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 06:11 PM

I don't mind texting, better than getting or making a call, but, I don't like impatient people who send "???" if you don't reply fast enough or the cost!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 08:19 AM

Well - I have just spent 10 mins trawling through the MENU on mne - and cannot find where to switch off the predictable text. I know it can be done - did it when I bought the thing - years ago - can't remember how and can't find the manual either. Looks like throwing it at the wall (or the cat - he's good with techy stuff) maybe the only answer. Unless, of course, I take BowieEyes advice - in which case will someone, please, send me a file with a cake in it if I am arrested?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - I have just spent 10 mins trawling through the MENU on mne - and cannot find where to switch off the predictable text. I know it can be done - did it when I bought the thing - years ago - can't remember how and can't find the manual either. Looks like throwing it at the wall (or the cat - he's good with techy stuff) maybe the only answer. Unless, of course, I take BowieEyes advice - in which case will someone, please, send me a file with a cake in it if I am arrested?

Forget the file, just send me the cake darlin'.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 11:45 AM

What sort of phone do you have? I can try and look it up for you. On mine you get out of predictive text by pressing the hash key.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 07:03 PM

Thanks Orangutan. Just arm wrestled the cat for it - it is a Sony Ericsson Z530i. Tried pressing the hash key - doesn't work.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 08:18 PM

I text. But then I am very confident with technology and gadgets.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 08:37 PM

I've just looked at the manual online. While it doesn't contain the words 'predictive text', it mentions a writing method called ?T9?, which is the inbuilt dictionary.

Now, to select another 'writing method' press and hold the key that shows these symbols. *a/A.

That is about all I can tell you for your phone. You could look at the manual online too. I found it immediately. Good luck.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I've just looked at the manual online. While it doesn't contain the words 'predictive text', it mentions a writing method called ?T9?, which is the inbuilt dictionary.

Now, to select another 'writing method' press and hold the key that shows these symbols. *a/A.

That is about all I can tell you for your phone. You could look at the manual online too. I found it immediately. Good luck.

I just had a quick look too ST and it said to hold down the hash key UNTIL the symbol changes. So its no good just pressing it and letting go apparently. Worth a try anyway.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top