Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 06:41 PM

More on Traffic Lights

Every other month one of the Utility Companies decides to dig up a local A road which is a busy commuter route, It would seem they employ a Traffic Management Company to install the temporary traffic lights. I noted today, that the hole had been filled in and the surface re-tarmacked, but the lights were still in place, the last time the lights were there post the work being completed, it was three days before the lights were removed, three days of traffic misery and no bloody hole, if these lights cause me to make yet another three mile diversion tomorrow to avoid the chaos, I feel a phone call coming on.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Re: More on Traffic Lights

Midnight visit, and a visit to the local skip, or relocate them outside your local council offices, all set on red, and relax.

BTW what happened to the scheme that all utilitys would co-ordinate there need to dig up roads, never happened round my way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Midnight visit, and a visit to the local skip, or relocate them outside your local council offices, all set on red, and relax.

naughty Nom I will accompany you
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 09:50 PM

Q.What did the temporary traffic light say to the car driver.
A."Don't look I'm changing"

Q: Why does a traffic light turn red?A: If you had to change in front of everyone, you'd turn red, too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Q.What did the temporary traffic light say to the car driver.
A."Don't look I'm changing"

Q: Why does a traffic light turn red?A: If you had to change in front of everyone, you'd turn red, too.
Boom boom! good ones Robert!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

BTW what happened to the scheme that all utilitys would co-ordinate there need to dig up roads, never happened round my way.
The thought did occur, relocate the cones to the adjoining fields and topple the traffic light stantions, yes better than a phone call, direct action is called for.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 11:59 PM

It would probably be quicker than going through the "high call volume", 20 options, engaged tones, and "sorry, the office is now closed" game SF.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-03-2014, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It would probably be quicker than going through the "high call volume", 20 options, engaged tones, and "sorry, the office is now closed" game SF.
And infinitely more satisfying.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And infinitely more satisfying.

True. Just watch out for cameras.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-03-2014, 12:21 AM

Caution to the "Wind".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top