Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 12:26 AM

Re: My new little car

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
So pleased for you Mups - the Matiz is quite economical by all accounts too!

I once had a minivan that was multi-coloured - done properly mind you - and it turned a few heads back in 1972 but I also had a red Corsair once and the previous owner had painted it up like a WWII Curtis Kittyhawk (Shark's Teeth!) so it ended up being called the Red Shark by everyone!

Someone had tweaked it up engine-wise too so it had to have lowered suspension and wide wheels for grip but other than that it looked like a normal Ford Corsair.

Sitting at traffic lights once I had a boy-racer in an MG pull up alongside me.
He smirked at my Corsair and kept revving his engine, silly sod!

What he didn't know was this car did 0 - 60mph in 7 seconds - easily, which is why it need the extra grab tyres cos it was too easy to wheelspin it!

I loved that car but one day the differential gave up (rear wheel drive back then) - too much torque my mate said and I never got it going as well after that, even after changing the diff. stevmk2

Thankyou Steve. It's so far, so good anyway, and very easy to drive. Another plus is, parking in small spaces is a doddle!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 02:35 AM

I thought a paint job similar to this one would look better than plain black.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 12:03 AM

Erm, no thanks Ploppy. I'll stick to me daisies and butterflys.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top